A downtown Olympia demonstration dominated reader interest last week.
1. Olympia demonstrators cause damage, clog I-5 onramp in protest: An organizer said the group was protesting the deaths of two black men at the hands of policemen in Minnesota and Baton Rouge that have roiled the nation.
2. Fire crews knock down early morning warehouse blaze in Olympia: Olympia firefighters, as well as crews from Lacey and McLane Black Lake fire departments, were summoned to a two-alarm warehouse fire in downtown Olympia early Tuesday morning.
3. Update: Fireworks explosion in Thurston County sends man to Harborview Medical Center: A man was flown to Harborview Medical Center Saturday night after he suffered serious injuries to his hand, face, legs and groin, according to the West Thurston Regional Fire Authority.
Never miss a local story.
4. Human remains found near Chehalis Western Trail; believed to be a male: County Coroner Gary Warnock said the remains have male characteristics, and he’s unsure how long they had been by the trail.
5. One person dead, another flees after crash on I-5 in Thurston County Thursday: A 34-year-old Lacey man was killed Thursday morning when his motorcycle collided with another vehicle while traveling north on Interstate 5, according to the Washington State Patrol.