Kids learn way around the kitchen
Bayview School of Cooking has planned a variety of cooking classes and activities for children ages 5 to 13.
The classes are:
* A Traditional St. Patty's Day, from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Children learn how to make authentic Irish dishes, such as creamy potato soup, Irish soda bread and oatmeal cookies.
The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $25.
* Bunny Brunch, from 1 to 3 p.m. April 7. Children learn how to make a ham and cheese strata, carrot curls and celery fans with vegetable dip and will decorate edible Easter baskets. The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $25.
* Kids Taste Tour of France and Mexico, a spring break cooking workshop from 9 to 11 a.m. April 9 and 10. Students will prepare and try international dishes and explore regional ingredients. The class is for ages 9 to 13. The class fee is $75 and includes apron.
* Bayview also has planned Storybook Cook sessions from 10 to 11:30 a.m. three Saturdays this spring. Each session is for ages 5 to 8 and cost $20.
The sessions are set for:
* April 21: The story will be "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin. The recipes will be cupcake farm and moo-cow milk shake.
* May 19: The story will be "Days with Frog & Toad" by Arnold Lobel. The recipe will be avocado frog dip.
For more information, call 360-754-1448 or go to www.bayviewschoolofcooking.c om.