Any careful and interested newspaper and/or periodical reader can learn that:
• Corporate earnings this year have been significantly higher than in recent years.
• Formerly failing large banks are repaying federal bailout loans with interest.
• The automobile industry is returning with a boom and is repurchasing recovery shares purchased by the government.
• In one week in November, a two-year stock market high prompted sale of $4.5 billion company shares.
• There is evidence that nearly all companies plan to grant employee pay raises in the neighborhood of 3 percent in 2011.
• Retail sales nationwide have increased in each of the past four months.
In spite of such impressive evidence of economic recovery, the right-wing congressional ideologues and their tea-crazy fans proudly declare they will fight to return to the Bush-era debacle policies and continue to reward the 1 percent rich with restored tax cuts.