On Sunday Jan. 24 from the Opinion page of the Olympian comes this: “Iran nuclear deal made world safer” in big bold print. Compliments of The Sacramento Bee – another bastion of conservative ideology. We can now all breath a sigh of relief because of the masterly negotiations performed by our Secretary of State John (swift boats) Kerry. Let me see if I have this correct.
1. The U.S. is dropping all sanctions on Iran while releasing more than $100 billion in sequestered funds under the assertion such obsequious diplomacy accomplishes more than a show of force.
2. Secretary Kerry now admits that a yet to be determined portion of those dollars will be available to fund terrorist groups supported by Iran.
3. Forbidden missile test and firing missiles near American ships has brought forward no effective response from the Obama administration.
Never miss a local story.
4. Likewise, the capture and retention of 10 U.S. sailors as hostages has elicited nothing from the Obama administration except from Secretary Kerry who expressed appreciation for Iran releasing the prisoners.
5. Supposedly the deal prohibits Iran from furthering its nuclear development except for the four new reactors its building with the help of the China, Russia and more than likely North Korea.
Diplomacy, geez ain’t it wonderful.