Winter and summer recreation collide at Crystal Mountain on Saturday with its annual Bikini and Board Shorts Downhill race. All women participants must wear either a bikini or one-piece swimsuit. Skirts and shorts are allowed only if they have an inseam of four inches or less. Guys must wear Speedos or board shorts. The entry fee is $5 and skiing in underwear is not allowed.
• Stevens Pass will have pond skimming on Sunday.
While there is still ample snow in the mountains the options for spring skiing are starting to shrink:
• Eastern Washington’s ski areas closed for the season last weekend and this weekend Cascade ski resorts are starting to follow suit.
• The Summit at Snoqualmie has ceased daily operations but will be open Saturday and Sunday and could offer future weekend operations. Summit East, Summit West and the Nordic Center are closed for the season. Summit Central closes for the season Sunday. If weekend operations continue, they will be at Alpental.
• Crystal Mountain ends daily operations Sunday night, but will remain open Thursdays through Sundays until May 15. The gondola will operate until Sept. 11 and skiing will be permitted as long as their snow.
• After Sunday, White Pass will end daily operations but will continue to run Saturdays and Sundays until May 1.
• Mount Baker is operating Fridays through Saturdays until April 24.
• Stevens Pass and Mission Ridge close Sunday evening.
The National Weather Service is predicting a chance of snow in the Cascades through the weekend.