• Sports Unlimited is holding player evaluations for ages 11U-18U on Saturday, Aug. 21 and Aug. 28 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Athletes Unlimited facility, 7961 29th Ave N.E., Suite B in Lacey. Information, 360-493-0600
• An established 12U select team is looking to fill roster spots for next season. Contact via Facebook at South Sound Dodgers or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tryout.
• South Sound Baseball (PONY) is holding online registration for its 2010 fall season, which runs from mid-August through mid-October. Registration information can be found at its website: www.southsoundbaseball.com.
Never miss a local story.
• Budd Bay Courts & Cages is hosting a five-day, all-day camp at Skyhawks Park from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 16-20 for boys and girls ages 7-15. Cost is $195 per player. Group rates available. Information, check bbcourtsandcages.com or call Lynn at 360-915-3780.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is hosting a fall league for high school, eighth/ninth grade and sixth/seventh grade boys and girls teams. Games will be played on seven weekends starting Sept. 11-12. Fee of $560 covers 14 games, $400 for a 10-game schedule. Registration and fees are due by Sept. 1. Information, contact Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
• Youth teams are forming for the upcoming fall leagues for girls in sixth and seventh grades who will be attending Olympia High School. Information, check www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• The PNW Force is holding tryouts for its 14U/A and 16U/A teams on Saturday at Stevens Field in Olympia. 14U will be 10 a.m.-noon and 16U will be 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jeremy Taylor-Sparks at 360-789-7683 to preregister.
• Saint Martin’s will conduct a golf camp for ages 8-17 from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Aug. 16-18. Fee is $100. Call 360-438-4305 for information.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is hosting a public glow ball tournament Aug. 27 at Tumwater Valley Golf Course with proceeds benefiting low-income youth. Cost is $300 per team ($75 per player). Information, call 360-754-4160.
• Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation will have Adult Flag Football League. Cost is $589 per team and registration is due Aug. 18. For information, contact Olympia Parks, Arts and Rec at 360-753-8380.
• High school rugby open to all boys and girls of high school age. No experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Interested players should contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or send e-mail to: U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, men or women. No experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com.
• The Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a fall super mod program for players in kindergarten through second grade. Season runs from Sept. 15-Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. For more information, call 360-561-0249 or check www.olyunited.com.
• The Puget Sound Slammers summer camp is Aug. 16-19 for players ages 6-17 and features World Cup Champion Mia Hamm. For more information or registration, check www.pugetsoundslammers.org.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information, call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978 for information.
• Capella Track Club, a subsidiary of Gymnastics Elite in Tumwater, is offering indoor pole vaulting classes 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and open vaulting on Fridays. Call Gymnastics Elite at 360-956-1319 or e-mail email@example.com.
On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.