• Sports Unlimited is holding player evaluations for ages 11U-18U from 9 a.m.-noon Saturday at the Athletes Unlimited facility, 7961 29th Ave. N.E., Suite B in Lacey. Information, 360-493-0600.
• The Dangerous Dunkers will hold tryouts for their seventh grade girls basketball team for winter and spring tournaments. Contact Jeff at 360-280-0828, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or check www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is hosting a fall league for high school, eighth/ninth grade and sixth/seventh grade boys and girls teams. Games played on seven weekends starting Sept. 11-12. Fee is $560 for 14 games and $400 for a 10-game schedule. Registration and fees are due Sept. 1. Information, Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
• Youth teams forming for fall leagues for girls in sixth and seventh grades who will attend Olympia High. Information, www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• A new South Puget Sound 18U select team will have tryouts from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday at RAC Fields. Information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kim at 510-882-4675.
• The PNW Force 14U team will have tryouts from 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Thursday at Stevens Field. To pre-register, e-mail email@example.com or call 360-951-7502.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association seeks officials for middle school and high school. Training and pay will be provided. Information: Tom Jones at 360-357-8833 or 360-481-8833
• The First Tee of Olympia is accepting registration for boys and girls, ages 6-17, for the junior golf program. Registration includes daily range balls along with summer and fall golf and life skill classes. Cost is $75. Information, 360-493-1000.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is hosting a public glow ball golf tournament Friday at Tumwater Valley Golf Course with proceeds benefiting low-income youth. Cost is $300 per team ($75 per player). Information, 360-754-4160.
• Youth classes available through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids age 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for children age 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information, 360-753-8380.
• The Capital Invite Citizens Race, a cross country race on grass and trails, will be Sept. 11 at Capital High School. Registration begins at 8 a.m. or you can pre-register at ontherunevents.com/capinvite. The race begins at 9:30 a.m. Information: Call 360-918-1797 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• United States distance runner Matt Tegenkamp will be at South Sound Running from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. Sept. 1 to answer questions and sign autographs.
• Olympia Area Rowing is offering team rowing classes that take place over 10 sessions. Classes meet Mondays and Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-noon. Information, www.olympiaarearowing.org or e-mail email@example.com
• High school rugby for boys and girls, no experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, men or women. No experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com
• The Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a fall super mod program for players in kindergarten through second grade. Season runs from Sept. 15-Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. Information, call 360-561-0249 or check www.olyunited.com
• Olympia United’s fall registration is open for recreational soccer for U8-U12 and U17-U19 players. Games begin the second week of September. Check www.olyunited.com or call 360-561-0249.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information: Call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978.
• Registration for Adult 4-vs.-4 leagues put on by Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is Sept. 3. Leagues include co-ed, reverse and men’s and women’s. Call 360-753-8380.
• Officials are needed in Thurston County and Shelton-area schools in the fall. Information, Ron Zielin with the Thurston County Volleyball Officials Board at 360-491-3151.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.