• T-ball and coach-pitch will be offered this fall for ages 3-7 through the South Sound YMCA. Practices start Monday and games will be Saturdays from Sept. 25 to Oct. 23. Volunteer coaches needed. Information, www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• An AAU girls program for players in the Olympia and Tacoma areas for the Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades fifth-eighth) and high school (ninth-12th grades). Information, Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Dangerous Dunkers will hold tryouts for their seventh grade girls basketball team for winter and spring tournaments. Contact Jeff at 360-280-0828, e-mail email@example.com or check www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Youth teams forming for fall leagues for girls in sixth and seventh grades who will attend Olympia High. Information, www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• Washington Illusion 18A team is looking for a pitcher. Information, call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• The Chehalis-based Mustangs 12U select team is looking for a catcher. The fall tournaments begin Sunday. Information, contact Brian Massingham at 360-520-0782 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The South Sound Football Officials Association seeks officials for middle school and high school. Training and pay will be provided. Information: Tom Jones at 360-357-8833 or 360-481-8833.
• Youth classes available through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids ages 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for children ages 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information, 360-753-8380.
• The following sports will be offered through the South Sound YMCA, with practices starting Monday and games Saturdays from Sept. 25-Oct. 30: Outdoor soccer for ages 3-16; basketball for ages 7-13; golf for ages 5-14; roller hockey for ages 7-18; volleyball for ages 5-14. Volunteer coaches needed. Information, www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is accepting requests for use of the Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as the Chehalis Western Trail. Call (360) 786-5595 or check www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Call Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training to become an umpire. Check www.ossua.org
• Cross-country will be offered this fall for ages 6-15 through the South Sound YMCA. Practices start Monday and meets will be held Fridays from Sept. 24-Oct. 22. Volunteer coaches needed, Information, www.southsoundymca.org or call 360-357-6609.
• The Capital Invite Citizens Race, a cross-country race on grass and trails, will be Saturday at Capital High School. Registration begins at 8 a.m., or pre-register at ontherunevents.com/capinvite. The race begins at 9:30 a.m. Information: Call 360-918-1797 or e-mail email@example.com
• Olympia Area Rowing is offering 10 sessions of team rowing classes. Classes meet Mondays and Thursdays at 5:45 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-noon. Information, www.olympiaarearowing.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• High school rugby for boys and girls, no experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club seeks new men or women players, no experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com
• The Tumwater Soccer Club fall super-mod program for 5-, 6- and 7-year-olds is starting. Registration deadline is Monday and the program starts Sept. 15. Fee is $55 per player (family discounts available). Information, www.TumwaterSoccerClub.org
• Outdoor soccer will be offered this fall for kids ages 3-16 through the South Sound YMCA. Practices start Monday and games will be held Saturdays from Sept. 25 to Oct. 30. Volunteer coaches also needed. Information, www.southsoundymca.org or call 357-6609.
• The Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a fall super mod program for players in kindergarten through second grade. Season runs from Sept. 15-Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. Information, call 360-561-0249 or check www.olyunited.com
• Olympia United’s fall registration is open for recreational soccer for U8-U12 and U17-U19 players. Games begin the second week of September. Check www.olyunited.com or call 360-561-0249.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information: Call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets 9-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978.
• Officials are needed in Thurston County and Shelton-area schools in the fall. Information, Ron Zielin with the Thurston County Volleyball Officials Board at 360-491-3151.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.