• An AAU girls program for players in the Olympia and Tacoma areas for the Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades fifth-eighth) and high school (ninth-12th grades). Information, Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• The Dangerous Dunkers will hold tryouts for their seventh grade girls basketball team for winter and spring tournaments. Contact Jeff at 360-280-0828, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or check www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Youth teams forming for fall leagues for girls in sixth and seventh grades who will attend Olympia High. Information, www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• The NW Timberjacks 11U team is now forming. Open tryouts will be 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 18, at Wildwood Park in South Hill and 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 25, at Franklin Pierce High School. Complete off-season and professional instruction is included. Call 253-209-3680 or check online at www.nwtimberjacks.com.
• The Classy Seniors League needs male and female bowlers for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information, Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs female bowlers for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer at 360-352-2972.
• Washington Illusion 18A team is looking for a pitcher. Information, call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• The South Sound Football Officials Association seeks officials for middle school and high school. Training and pay will be provided. Information: Tom Jones at 360-357-8833 or 360-481-8833.
• The Washington Cavaliers adult amateur football team is looking for players for the 2011 season. Information, call 360-480-1212.
• The First Tee of Olympia is accepting registration for boys and girls, ages 6-17, for the junior golf program. Registration includes daily range balls along with summer and fall golf and life skill classes. Cost is $75. Information, 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes available through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation Department. Sessions for parents and tots age 18 months to 3 years are 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for kids ages 3-4 are 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Sessions for children ages 5-8 are 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information, 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is accepting requests for use of the Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as the Chehalis Western Trail. Call (360) 786-5595 or check www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Call Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association is accepting new members and provides training to become an umpire. Check www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics for baseball and fastpitch players. Pre-registration is required online at www.bbcourtsandcages.com. Information, contact Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail email@example.com.
• A one-mile middle school cross-country race will be held Wednesday and Oct. 6, starting at 5 p.m. at LBA Park. Cost is free, and prizes will be awarded to top finishers. Information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• High school rugby for boys and girls, no experience necessary. The Barbarians (boys U19 team) and the Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Contact Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club seeks new men or women players, no experience necessary. Call Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or check www.BuddBayRugby.com
• The Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a fall super mod program for players in kindergarten through second grade. Season runs from Wednesday through Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. Information, call 360-561-0249 or check www.olyunited.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation is looking for USSF-certified referees for adult soccer leagues. Eleven-a-side, full-length games pay $42 per match. Information: Call Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595, TDD line at 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club, for people over 50, meets 9-10:30 a.m. on Sundays at Tumwater High School. Call 360-352-4978.
• Officials are needed in Thurston County and Shelton-area schools in the fall. Information, Ron Zielin with the Thurston County Volleyball Officials Board at 360-491-3151.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.