• Sports Unlimited conducts offseason fielding and hitting drills Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fee is $15. Info: 360-493-0600
• Black Hills Youth Baseball general membership meeting, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 17 at Saint Martin’s Worthington Center. Info: www.bhyb.org
• Academy featuring ex- Saint Martin’s coach Joe Dominiak from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 24 at Sports Unlimited in Lacey. Fees $30 per session. Info: Levi at email@example.com
Never miss a local story.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive boys tournaments for grades 3-6 from mid-November to mid-February. $200 team fee guarantee four games per tournament. Info: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at (360) 280-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Boys and girls grades 3-6 may join Little Cougars from 1-4 p.m. Oct. 16 and Oct. 23 outside Capital High gym. Fees: $75 per player; family rate is $65 per player. League runs November-February. Boys contact Troy Mickelson at email@example.com; girls contact Eli Normoyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAP Hoops spring travel teams for boys and girls in grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Info: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Hoops Stars program is conducting tryouts for eighth-grade boys team. Info: Coach Kline at 481-2958.
• Fourth annual Tumwater preseason charity tournament for girls and boys in grades 5-12, Oct. 30-31 at Tumwater High. $150 fee guarantees three games. Info: Ken at 360-951-3899 or e-mail email@example.com
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Divisions: Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades 5-8); high school (grades 9-12). Info: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Try out for Dangerous Dunkers girls grade 7 team for winter, spring events. Info: Jeff at 360-280-0828, e-mail email@example.com or check www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams for fall. Info: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classy Seniors League needs men, women for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Info: Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Info: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for the 2011. Info: 360-480-1212.
• First Tee of Olympia welcomes children 6-17. Registration includes daily range balls and fall golf and life skill classes. Fee: $75. Info: 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Parents and tots 18 months-3 years meet 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays; children 3-4 meet 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Children 5-8 meet 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Info: 360-753-8380.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation “smaller ballers” series provides introduction to sports for 3- to 5-year-olds, including soccer, T-ball, basketball, football and track and field. Tuesdays through Oct. 19, 6:30-7:15 p.m., at Lincoln Elementary; Thursdays through Oct. 21, 6:30-7:15 p.m., at Lincoln Elementary; Saturdays, Oct. 30-Nov. 20, 10-10:45 a.m.; and Tuesdays, Nov. 2-23, 6:30-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary. Fee: $35
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Info: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Info: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Info: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Pre-registration required at www.bbcourtsandcages.com. Info: Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• One-mile middle school cross country race will be start at 5 p.m Wednesday at LBA Park. No fee. Prizes to be awarded. Info: email@example.com.
• For high school boys and girls, no experience needed. Barbarians (boys U19 team) and Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Info: Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club seeks new players, men or women, no experience needed. Info: Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or www.BuddBayRugby.com
• Olympia United Soccer Club holds fall super mod program for children grades K-2. Season runs from Wednesday through Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. Info: 360-561-0249 or check www.olyunited.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Info: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater High School. Info: 360-352-4978.
• On the Move appears weekly. A complete listing appears at www.theolympian.com/sports. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.