• Budd Bay Courts and Cages is offering hitting and pitching workouts with former professional baseball players as well as current minor league players, as well as indoor batting league and pitching and hitting lessons for baseball and fastpitch players. Details can be found at www.bbcourtsandcages or by calling Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780.
• Thurston County Babe Ruth will hold its annual meeting on Oct. 25 at The Olympia Center, 222 Columbia St. NW. Information, call 360-754-1166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sports Unlimited conducts offseason fielding and hitting drills Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fee is $15. Information: 360-493-0600
Never miss a local story.
• Black Hills Youth Baseball general membership meeting, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Oct. 17 at Saint Martin’s Worthington Center. Information: www.bhyb.org
• Academy featuring ex- Saint Martin’s coach Joe Dominiak from 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 24 at Sports Unlimited in Lacey. Fees $30 per session. Information: Levi at email@example.com.
• The 2010-11 Elks “Hoop Shoot” free throw program is being organized at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Players interested in competing should contact their PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive boys tournaments for grades 3-6 from mid-November to mid-February. $200 team fee guarantee four games per tournament. Information: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Boys and girls grades 3-6 may join Little Cougars from 1-4 p.m. Saturday and Oct. 23 outside Capital High gym. Fees: $75 per player; family rate is $65 per player. League runs November-February. Boys contact Troy Mickelson at email@example.com; girls contact Eli Normoyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAP Hoops spring travel teams for boys and girls in grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Infomation: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Hoops Stars is conducting tryouts for eighth-grade boys team. Information: Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Fourth annual Tumwater preseason charity tournament for girls and boys in grades 5-12, Oct. 30-31 at Tumwater High. $150 fee guarantees three games. Information: Ken at 360-951-3899 or e-mail email@example.com
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Divisions: Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades 5-8); high school (grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Try out for Dangerous Dunkers girls grade 7 team for winter, spring events. Information: Jeff at 360-280-0828, email@example.com or www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams for fall. Information: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Classy Seniors League needs men, women for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. All averages welcome. Information: Louise Alverson at 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for the Wednesday league in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Information: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for the 2011. Information: 360-480-1212.
• First Tee of Olympia welcomes children 6-17. Registration includes daily range balls and fall golf and life skill classes. Fee: $75. Information: 360-493-1000.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Parents and tots 18 months-3 years meet 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays; children 3-4 meet 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Children 5-8 meet 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation “smaller ballers” series provides introduction to sports for 3- to 5-year-olds, including soccer, T-ball, basketball, football and track and field. Tuesdays through Oct. 19, 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m., at Lincoln Elementary; Thursdays through Oct. 21, 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m., at Lincoln Elementary; Saturdays, Oct. 30-Nov. 20, 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m.; and Tuesdays, Nov. 2-23, 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary. Fee: $35
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• For high school boys and girls, no experience needed. Barbarians (boys U19 team) and Steelheads (girls U19 team) practice 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Information: Tom Cusack, 360-888-6755 or e-mail U19@BuddBayRugby.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club seeks new players, men or women, no experience needed. Information: Debbie Lainfiesta, 937-287-6190 or www.BuddBayRugby.com
N A YOUTH INDOOR SOCCER TOURNAMENT FOR PLAYERS AGES U10 THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE HELD DEC. 20-27 AT THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE. INFORMATION: WWW.PUGETSOUNDSLAMMERS.ORG OR CALL JOHN AT 360-790-6657
• Olympia United Soccer Club holds fall super mod program for children grades K-2. Season runs through Oct. 30 with games weekly at LBA Park. Information: 360-561-0249 or www.olyunited.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.