• Thurston County Babe Ruth will hold its annual meeting on Monday at The Olympia Center, 222 Columbia St. NW. Information, 360-754-1166 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sports Unlimited conducts offseason fielding and hitting drills Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fee is $15. Information: 360-493-0600.
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers hitting and pitching workouts with Tampa Bay Devil Rays veteran Jared Sandberg and current Tampa Bay minor leaguer Stephen Vogt, Cleveland Indians minor leaguer Kirk Wetmore and San Francisco Giants prospect Ryan Bean. Sandberg is overseeing a five-week indoor batting cage league beginning Nov. 20. Fee is $40. Information, www.bbcourtsandcages.com or call Lynn at 360-915-3780.
Never miss a local story.
• The 2010-11 Elks “Hoop Shoot” free throw program is being organized at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Players interested in competing should contact their PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive boys tournaments for grades 3-6 from mid-November to mid-February. $200 team fee guarantees four games per tournament. Information: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or email@example.com.
• Boys and girls grades 3-6 may join Little Cougars from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Saturday outside Capital High gym. Fees: $75 per player; family rate is $65 per player. League runs November-February. Boys contact Troy Mickelson at firstname.lastname@example.org; girls contact Eli Normoyle at email@example.com.
• DAP Hoops spring travel teams for boys and girls in grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Info: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Hoops Stars is conducting tryouts for eighth-grade boys team. Information: Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Fourth annual Tumwater preseason charity tournament for girls and boys in grades 5-12, Oct. 30-31 at Tumwater High. $150 fee guarantees three games. Information: Ken at 360-951-3899 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Divisions: Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades 5-8); high school (grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Try out for Dangerous Dunkers girls grade 7 team for winter, spring events. Info: Jeff at 360-280-0828, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.dangerousdunkers.com.
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams for fall. Information: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• Sports Unlimited/Royal Tigers 12U girls team is looking for four experienced players for the 2011 season. Wednesday practices begin in January; season ends mid-July. Information: Joe Kabel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-888-7531
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Information: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl is offering private instruction. Information, 360-915-3780.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation “smaller ballers” series provides introduction to sports for 3- to 5-year-olds, including soccer, T-ball, basketball, football and track and field. Today from 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary; Thursday from 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary; Saturdays, Oct. 30-Nov. 20, 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m.; and Tuesdays, Nov. 2-23, 6:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. at Lincoln Elementary. Fee: $35
N A YOUTH INDOOR SOCCER TOURNAMENT FOR PLAYERS AGES U10 THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE HELD DEC. 20-27 AT THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE. INFORMATION: WWW.PUGETSOUNDSLAMMERS.ORG OR CALL JOHN AT 360-790-6657
• Youth season begins Monday for ages 5-12, with practices being held at Olympia High School. Practices are Mondays and Wednesdays from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. and Fridays from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. Information: www.olympiawrestlingclub.com or call 360-239-9646.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.