• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts, Monday and Friday for pitchers and catchers, Tuesday and Thursday for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15 per player. Information, 360-493-0600.
• Join the 2010-11 Elks “Hoop Shoot” free throw program at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Contact PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
• Registration is open for Olympia Parks and Recreation winter adult league. Different divisions are offered for full-court competition. League starts Jan. 3, and runs through mid-March. Team fee is $599, and registration, on a first-come, first-served basis – is due Dec. 15. Info: 360-753-8380
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive tournaments for boys in grades 3-6 through mid-February. $200 team fee guarantees four games per tournament. Information: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for girls and boys in grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Try out for hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Information: Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Divisions: Mini Magic (ages 5-9); juniors (grades 5-8); high school (grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Information: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Information, call Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesday league in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Sports Unlimited/Royal Tigers 12U girls team wants four experienced players for 2011 season. Wednesday practices begin in January; season ends mid-July. Information: Joe Kabel at email@example.com or 360-888-7531
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Information: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Info: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Parents and tots 18 months-3 years meet 11:45 a.m. Fridays or 10:15 a.m. Saturdays; children 3-4 meet 6 p.m. Wednesdays, 9:15 a.m. Fridays or 11 a.m. Saturdays. Children 5-8 meet 6:45 p.m. Wednesdays or 9:15 a.m. Saturdays. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Pre-registration required at www.bbcourtsandcages.com. Information: Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Capital City Marathon/Half Marathon training group, a 17-week program for beginning to experienced runners, begins Jan. 8. Contact South Sound Running, 3409 Capitol Blvd. S.E., or call 360-705-2580.
• Ultramarathoner Dean Karnazes’ “Life in Motion” lecture will be at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at The Loft, 508 Legion St. Information: www.southsoundrunning.com
• A youth indoor soccer tournament for players ages U10 through high school will be held Dec. 20-27 at The Evergreen State College. Information: www.pugetsoundslammers.org or John at 360-790-6657.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• The Olympia Volleyball Club will hold tryouts Nov. 17 at Washington Middle School, 3100 Cain Road S.E.. Age groups 15, 16 from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., and 17 and 18 from 7:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Registration starts thirty minutes prior to each session. Information: www.olympiavolleyball.com or Joe Cruz at 360-456-2250.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202