• Thurston County Babe Ruth will have a revised league, with teams formed by school district and school in the 13-15 age division and 16-18 senior league. Babe Ruth players and coaches will be eligible for free workouts at Budd Bay Courts and Cages through December. Online registration begins in January. For information, go to: tcbronline.org or bbcourtsandcages.com.
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Monday and Friday for pitchers and catchers, Tuesday and Thursday for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15 per player. Call 360-493-0600.
• Join the 2010-11 Elks Hoop Shoot free throw program at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Contact a school’s PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
• A free boys basketball clinic, hosted by the Olympia High varsity, will be held the first three Saturdays of December. The clinic is for boys in grades 4-8 and will be held in the OHS gym from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. To register, e-mail coach Luke Salme at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration has begun for the 23rd annual KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Feb. 12-13 at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Olympia Parks and Recreation offers winter adult league from Jan. 3 through mid-March. Team fee is $599, and registration is due Dec. 15. Info: 360-753-8380
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive tournaments for boys in grades 3-6 through mid-February. $200 team fee. Information: River Ridge boys basketball coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or email@example.com.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Information: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Information, call Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Sports Unlimited/Royal Tigers 12U girls team wants four experienced players. Wednesday practices begin in January. Contact: Joe Kabel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-888-7531.
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Information: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Call 360-480-1212.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Info: bbcourtsandcages.com. Or Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Capital City Marathon/Half Marathon training group, a 17-week program for beginning-to-experienced runners, begins Jan. 8. Contact South Sound Running, 3409 Capitol Blvd. S.E., or call 360-705-2580.
• A youth indoor soccer tournament for players ages U10 through high school will be held Dec. 20-27 at The Evergreen State College. Information: www.pugetsoundslammers.org or John at 360-790-6657.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202