• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is accepting registration through Jan. 31. Boys and girls in grades K-3, living in the Tumwater School District or attending a Tumwater school, are eligible. Fee is $75, which includes full uniform. Information, contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation at 360-754-4160.
• The South Sound Storm 14U team will hold tryouts from 10 a.m-2 p.m. Jan. 15 and Jan. 22 at On Deck Performance in Tumwater. Information, check www.stormbaseballclub.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thurston County Babe Ruth is holding a coaches meeting at 6 p.m. Jan. 19 at The Olympia Center, room 200. The meeting is open to all prospective coaches and parents. Check www.tcbronline.org or call 360-754-1166.
Never miss a local story.
• Registration closes Jan. 31 for Capitol Little League’s spring season. Registration may be done in person from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 22 at The Creative Office, 721 Legion Way or by mail, P.O. Box 1985, Olympia WA, 98507. Tryouts for ages 8-12 will be held at Sports Unlimited NW from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Feb. 5. Information, check www.capitollittleleague.com.
• The 12U, 11U, and 10U 2010 state champion Black Hills Cal Ripken baseball program will have sign-up dates for players 6-12 from Saturday through Feb. 12. Sign-ups are Saturday, Jan. 29 and Feb. 5 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Courts and Cages, 3900 12th Ave. S.E. in Lacey; Jan. 17 from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Saint Martin’s gymnasium; and Jan. 22 at Sports Unlimited, 7961 29th Ave N.E. in Lacey. Player evaluations and final sign-up date are Feb. 12 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Sports Unlimited. Information, www.bhyb.org
• Thurston County Babe Ruth will have a revised league, with teams formed by school district and school in the 13-15 age division and 16-18 senior league. Online registration begins in January. Information, www.tcbronline.org or www.bbcourtsandcages.com.
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Monday and Friday for pitchers and catchers, Tuesday and Thursday for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15. Call 360-493-0600.
• A Shelton boys basketball tournament for grades five through eight will be Jan. 22-23 and Feb. 5-6 at Shelton High School. Fees are $200 per tournament. Contact Craig at 360-280-0024 or e-mail at email@example.com
• Registration is open for the 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Feb. 12-13 at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Join the 2010-11 Elks Hoop Shoot free-throw program at schools in Olympia, Lacey and Tumwater. Contact a school PE teacher, principal or Ted Samland at 360-491-6348.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive tournaments for boys in grades 3-6 through mid-February. $200 team fee. Information: River Ridge boys coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entry forms for the 31st annual Match Game tournament are available at Westside, Aztec, and Tumwater lanes until Jan. 22. The tournament will be held Jan. 29-30. Information, Dick Taylor at 360-456-6308 or at email@example.com.
• Olympia High School fastpitch will host a skills clinic for fifth-graders through ninth-graders from noon to 4:30 p.m. March 19 in the OHS gym. Fee is $35. Pre-registration required. Each player receives a clinic T-shirt. Register at olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or call coach Matt Loes at 360-561-3350.
• The White Elephant 5-mile run will take place at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. It starts and finishes near the South Sound Running store on Capitol Boulevard. The pre-registered fee is $5 . Information: www.runoly.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Capital City Marathon/Half Marathon training group, a 17-week program for beginning-to-experienced runners, begins Saturday. Contact South Sound Running, 3409 Capitol Blvd. S.E., or call 360-705-2580.
• The fourth annual Road-odend-run is Feb. 27. It is a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Puget Sound Slammers winter indoor academy will take place Jan. 10, 17 and 24 at The Evergreen State College Pavilion for boys and girls ages 8-13. Fee is $40. Contact coach John Purtteman at 360-790-6657.
• Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.