• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is accepting registration through Jan. 31. Boys and girls in grades K-3, living in the Tumwater School District or attending a Tumwater school, are eligible. Fee is $75, which includes full uniform. Information, contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation at 360-754-4160.
• The South Sound Storm 14U team will hold tryouts from 10 a.m-2 p.m. Saturday and Jan. 22 at On Deck Performance in Tumwater. Information, check www.stormbaseballclub.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Registration closes Jan. 31 for Capitol Little League’s spring season. Registration may be done in person from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 22 at The Creative Office, 721 Legion Way or by mail, P.O. Box 1985, Olympia WA, 98507. Tryouts for ages 8-12 will be held at Sports Unlimited NW from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Feb. 5. Information, check www.capitollittleleague.com.
Never miss a local story.
• The 12U, 11U, and 10U 2010 state champion Black Hills Cal Ripken baseball program will have sign-up dates for players 6-12 through Feb. 12. Sign-ups are Jan. 29 and Feb. 5 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Courts and Cages, 3900 12th Ave. S.E. in Lacey; Jan. 17 from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Saint Martin’s gymnasium; and Jan. 22 at Sports Unlimited, 7961 29th Ave N.E. in Lacey. Player evaluations and final sign-up date are Feb. 12 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Sports Unlimited. Information, www.bhyb.org
• Thurston County Babe Ruth will have a revised league, with teams formed by school district and school in the 13-15 age division and 16-18 senior league. Information, www.tcbronline.org or www.bbcourtsandcages.com.
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Monday and Friday for pitchers and catchers, Tuesday and Thursday for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15. Call 360-493-0600.
• Registration for baseball live workouts with the pros from Jan. 20 to Feb. 17 at Courts & Cages. Space is limited for the Jared Sandberg hitting clinic Jan. 22-Feb. 12 at Courts & Cages (participants get a free wood bat). Private lessons available with Stephen Vogt with the Tampa Bay Rays organization and Ryan Bean with the San Francisco Giants organization. Information, call Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780.
• A Shelton boys basketball tournament for grades five through eight will be Jan. 22-23 and Feb. 5-6 at Shelton High School. Fee is $200 per tournament. Contact Craig at 360-280-0024 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration is open for the 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Feb. 12-13 at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive tournaments for boys in grades 3-6 through mid-February. $200 team fee. Information: River Ridge boys coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or email@example.com.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entry forms for the 31st annual Match Game tournament are available at Westside, Aztec, and Tumwater lanes until Jan. 22. The tournament will be held Jan. 29-30. Information, Dick Taylor at 360-456-6308 or at email@example.com.
• Olympia High School fastpitch will host a skills clinic for fifth through ninth grade from noon to 4:30 p.m. March 19 in the OHS gym. Fee is $35. Pre-registration required. Each player receives a clinic T-shirt. Register at olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or call coach Matt Loes at 360-561-3350.
• An Olympia-based 16U “A” team needs a catcher for spring/summer 2011. Information, contact Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Call 360-480-1212.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380.
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• The fourth annual Road-odend-run is Feb. 27. It is a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• Thurston County junior high wrestling tournament for middle school kids in Thurston County will be Monday at Chinook Middle School in Lacey. Information or to register online, go to www.BBCourtsandCages.com, or call Lynn Grantham at (360) 915-3780.
• Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.