• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is accepting registration through Jan. 31. Boys and girls in grades K-3, living in the Tumwater School District or attending a Tumwater school, are eligible. Fee is $75, which includes full uniform. Information, contact Tumwater Parks and Recreation at 360-754-4160.
• Registration closes Jan. 31 for Capitol Little League’s spring season. Registration may be done in person from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at The Creative Office, 721 Legion Way or by mail, P.O. Box 1985, Olympia WA, 98507. Tryouts for ages 8-12 will be held at Sports Unlimited NW from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Feb. 5. Information, www.capitollittleleague.com.
• The 12U, 11U, and 10U 2010 state champion Black Hills Cal Ripken baseball program will have sign-up dates for players 6-12 through Feb. 12. Sign-ups are Saturday and Feb. 5 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Courts and Cages, 3900 12th Ave. S.E. in Lacey. Player evaluations and final sign-up date are Feb. 12 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Sports Unlimited. Information, www.bhyb.org
Never miss a local story.
• Thurston County Babe Ruth will have a revised league, with teams formed by school district and school in the 13-15 age division and 16-18 senior league. Information, www.tcbronline.org or www.bbcourtsandcages.com.
• Registration for baseball workouts with the pros through Feb. 17 at Courts & Cages. Space is limited for the Jared Sandberg hitting clinic through Feb. 12 (participants get a free wood bat). Private lessons available with Stephen Vogt with the Tampa Bay Rays organization, Ryan Bean with the San Francisco Giants organization and Seth Harvey with the Milwaukee Brewers organization. Information, call Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780.
• A Shelton boys basketball tournament for grades 5-8 will be Feb. 5-6 at Shelton High School. Fee is $200 per tournament. Contact Craig at 360-280-0024 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration is open for the 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Feb. 12-13 at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Hawks of Tomorrow will host competitive tournaments for boys in grades 3-6 through mid-February. $200 team fee. Information: River Ridge boys coach Jeremy Landram at 360-280-7173 or email@example.com.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Umpires needed for slowpitch softball. No experience needed, training available starting in February. Information: Dennis, 360-239-7503, or e-mail email@example.com
• Free cage time available for coaches who bring their practice indoors to Courts & Cages. Free one-hour rental with all “Hit and Fits.” Information: Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780
• The fourth annual Road-odend-run is Feb. 27. It is a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Olympia Senior Softball League begins March 2 for teams and individuals ages 40-plus, 50-plus and 60-plus. Information: Dennis Kneeshaw (360-239-7503 or email@example.com) or Shane Verley (360-259-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.