• Thurston County Babe Ruth will have player registration Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Budd Bay Courts & Cages. Players must attend registration to get sized for uniforms. A copy of the player's birth certificate is required. Information: www.tcbronline.org or 360-754-1166.
• Olympia’s Seth Harvey, a minor leaguer in the Milwaukee Brewers organization, will hold a two-hour clinic at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25. Information: www.BBCourtsandCages.com or 360-915-3780
• The 12U, 11U, and 10U 2010 state champion Black Hills Cal Ripken baseball program will have sign-up dates for players 6-12 through Feb. 12. Sign-ups are Saturday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Courts and Cages, 3900 12th Ave. S.E. in Lacey. Player evaluations and final sign-up date is Feb. 12 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Sports Unlimited. Information: www.bhyb.org
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Monday and Friday for pitchers and catchers, Tuesday and Thursday for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15. Call 360-493-0600.
• Registration for baseball workouts with the pros through Feb. 17 at Courts & Cages. Space is limited for the Jared Sandberg hitting clinic through Feb. 12 (participants get a free wood bat). Private lessons available with Stephen Vogt, from the Tampa Bay Rays organization, and Ryan Bean, from the San Francisco Giants organization. Information: Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780.
• A Shelton boys basketball tournament for grades 5-8 will be Friday-Saturday at Shelton High School. Fee is $200 per tournament. Contact Craig at 360-280-0024 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration is open for the 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Feb. 12-13 at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Information, Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information, Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia High School fastpitch will host a skills clinic for fifth through ninth grade from noon to 4:30 p.m. March 19 in the OHS gym. Fee is $35. Pre-registration required. Each player receives a clinic T-shirt. Register at olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or call coach Matt Loes at 360-561-3350.
• MVP Athletics, a 16U “A” team, is looking for an experienced catcher, plus two position players. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail email@example.com
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Contact: Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Call 360-480-1212.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Fee is $24 for four weeks. Call 360-753-8380.
• The Wolf Pack Nation dodgeball tournament will be held from 7 p.m.-midnight Feb. 12 at Ondeck Performance, 3108 29th Ave., Tumwater. Fee is $5 per person in advance and $6 at the door. Register at 360-754-2302. Information: blackhillsfastpitch@ gmail.com
• Umpires needed for slowpitch softball. No experience needed, training available. Information: Dennis, 360-239-7503, or e-mail email@example.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Information: bbcourtsandcages.com or Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The fourth annual Road-odend-run is Feb. 27. It is a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13 goalkeeper, U15 and U16. Information: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or www.blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings on some spring recreational teams: boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Go to olyunited.com for updated openings. Games are Saturdays from March 19 to May 21. Information: 360-561-0249.
• The Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players for the spring recreational program for ages 7 and older. Games begin in mid-March and go through early May. Registration deadline is March 5. Fee is $55 per player. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Olympia Senior Softball League begins March 2 for teams and individuals ages 40-plus, 50-plus and 60-plus. Information: Dennis Kneeshaw (360-239-7503 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shane Verley (360-259-1733 or email@example.com).
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.