• Black Hills youth baseball is looking for Rookie coaches. Information: www.bhyb.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior Babe Ruth is looking for 15- to 18-year-old players and coaches for a 12-game presesaon in May with an optional extended season through July. Information: John Grantham at email@example.com
• Olympia’s Seth Harvey, a minor leaguer in the Milwaukee Brewers organization, will hold two-hour clinics at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25. Information: www.BBCourtsandCages.com or 360-915-3780.
• The 12U, 11U, and 10U 2010 state champion Black Hills Cal Ripken baseball team will have sign-up dates for players 6-12. Player evaluations and final sign-up is 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at Sports Unlimited. Information: www.bhyb.org
• Register for workouts with the pros through Feb. 17 at Courts & Cages. Space is limited for the Jared Sandberg hitting clinic through Saturday (participants get a free wood bat). Private lessons available with Stephen Vogt, from the Tampa Bay organization, and Ryan Bean, from San Francisco organization. Information: Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780.
• Register for 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Saturday-Sunday at Tumwater (boys), Feb. 19-20 at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• Olympia High School fastpitch will host a skills clinic for fifth through ninth grades from noon to 4:30 p.m. March 19 in the OHS gym. Fee is $35. Pre-registration required. Each player receives a clinic T-shirt. Register at olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or call coach Matt Loes at 360-561-3350.
• Register for Thurston County Fastpitch Assn., for girls ages 6-14, online at www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com or in person Saturday and Feb. 26 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at MVP Athletics in Lacey or Tumwater, or at Yelm Batting Cages. Cost is $40 for 8U and $75 for 10U, 12U and 14U teams.
• MVP Athletics, a 16U “A” team, is looking for an experienced catcher, plus two position players. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Wolf Pack Nation dodgeball tournament, 7 p.m.-midnight Saturday at Ondeck Performance, 3108 29th Ave., Tumwater. Fee is $5 per person in advance, $6 at the door. Register at 360-754-2302. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Umpires needed for slowpitch softball. No experience needed, training available. Information: Dennis, 360-239-7503, or e-mail email@example.com
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Fourth annual Road-odend-run – a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lak – is Feb. 27. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13 goalkeeper, U15 and U16. Information: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or www.blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings on some spring recreational teams: boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Go to olyunited.com for updated openings. Games are Saturdays from March 19 to May 21. Information: 360-561-0249.
• The Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players for the spring recreational program for ages 7 and older. Games begin in mid-March and go through early May. Registration deadline is March 5. Fee is $55 per player. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Olympia Senior Softball League begins March 2 for teams and individuals ages 40-plus, 50-plus and 60-plus. Information: Dennis Kneeshaw (360-239-7503 or email@example.com) or Shane Verley (360-259-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org).