• Register for the South Thurston Babe Ruth League from 5-8 p.m. Feb. 22, or 9 a.m.-2 p.m. March 5, at Rochester High School and Tenino Elementary School. Information, David Smith, 360-273-7609.
• Black Hills youth baseball is looking for rookie coaches. Information: www.bhyb.org or e-mail email@example.com
• Senior Babe Ruth is looking for 15- to 18-year-old players and coaches for a 12-game schedule in May with an optional extended season through July. Information: John Grantham at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Olympia’s Seth Harvey, a minor leaguer in the Milwaukee Brewers organization, will hold two-hour clinics at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25. Information: www.BBCourtsandCages.com or 360-915-3780.
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Mondays and Fridays for pitchers and catchers, Tuesdays and Thursdays for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15. Call 360-493-0600.
• Register for workouts with the pros through Thursday at Courts & Cages. Private lessons available with Stephen Vogt, from the Tampa Bay organization, and Ryan Bean, from San Francisco organization. Information: Lynn Grantham, 360-915-3780.
• Register for 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Saturday-Sunday at Tumwater (girls), Feb. 26-27 at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Register by March 16 for Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation spring league, which runs from March 29 to early June. Fee is $599 per team. Information, Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation, 360-753-8380.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Information: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Try out for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call Coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Information, Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information, Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia High School fastpitch will host a skills clinic for girls in fifth through ninth grades, noon-4:30 p.m. March 19 at OHS gym. Fee is $35. Players receive a clinic T-shirt. Pre-registration required at olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or call coach Matt Loes at 360-561-3350.
• Register for Thurston County Fastpitch Assn., for girls ages 6-14, online at www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com or in person from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 26 at MVP Athletics in Lacey or Tumwater, or at Yelm Batting Cages. Fee is $40 for 8U and $75 for 10U, 12U and 14U teams.
• MVP Athletics, a 16U “A” team, is looking for an experienced catcher plus two position players. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail email@example.com
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• Umpires needed for slowpitch softball. No experience needed, training available. Information: Dennis, 360-239-7503, or e-mail email@example.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Information: bbcourtsandcages.com or Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fourth annual Road-odend-run – a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake – is Feb. 27. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13 goalkeeper, U15 and U16. Information: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or www.blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings on some spring recreational teams: boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Go to olyunited.com for updates. Games are Saturdays from March 19 to May 21. Information: 360-561-0249.
• The Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players until March 5 for spring recreational program for ages 7 and older. Games run from mid-March to early May. Fee is $55 per player. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Olympia Senior Softball League begins March 2 for teams and individuals ages 40-plus, 50-plus and 60-plus. Information: Dennis Kneeshaw (360-239-7503 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shane Verley (360-259-1733 or email@example.com).
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.