• Register for the South Thurston Babe Ruth League from 5-8 p.m. today, or 9 a.m.-2 p.m. March 5, at Rochester High School and Tenino Elementary School. Information, David Smith, 360-273-7609.
• Black Hills youth baseball is looking for rookie coaches. Information: www.bhyb.org or e-mail email@example.com
• Olympia’s Seth Harvey, a minor leaguer in the Milwaukee Brewers organization, will hold two-hour clinics at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Friday. Information: www.BBCourtsandCages.com or 360-915-3780.
• Register for 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8. Dates are Saturday-Sunday at Black Hills (boys) and March 5-6 at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Try out for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Register for Thurston County Fastpitch Assn., for girls ages 6-14, online at www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com or in person from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at MVP Athletics in Lacey or Tumwater, or at Yelm Batting Cages. Fee is $40 for 8U and $75 for 10U, 12U and 14U teams.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Four-week fee is $24. Call 360-753-8380.
• Umpires needed for slowpitch softball. No experience needed, training available. Information: Dennis, 360-239-7503, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Olympia Officials Assn. needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Fourth annual Road-odend-run – a two-person relay or 6-mile solo run around Capitol Lake – is Sunday. Fee is $25 per team. Information, www.roadodendrun.yolasite.com or e-mail email@example.com.
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13 goalkeeper, U15 and U16. Information: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or www.blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings on some spring recreational teams: boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Go to olyunited.com for updates. Games are Saturdays from March 19 to May 21. Information: 360-561-0249.
• The Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players until March 5 for spring recreational program for ages 7 and older. Games run from mid-March to early May. Fee is $55 per player. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Olympia Senior Softball League begins March 2 for teams and individuals ages 40-plus, 50-plus and 60-plus. Information: Dennis Kneeshaw (360-239-7503 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shane Verley (360-259-1733 or email@example.com).
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.