• Register for the South Thurston Babe Ruth League from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Rochester High School and Tenino Elementary School. Information, David Smith, 360-273-7609.
• Black Hills youth baseball is looking for rookie coaches. Information: www.bhyb.org or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior Babe Ruth is looking for 15- to 18-year-old players and coaches for a 12-game schedule in May with an optional extended tournament season through July. Information: email@example.com
Never miss a local story.
• Sports Unlimited in Lacey has open high school workouts. Mondays and Fridays for pitchers and catchers, Tuesdays and Thursdays for hitting and fielding. Fee is $15. Call 360-493-0600.
• Register for 23rd KVA Tumwater Youth tournaments for grades 5-8 Saturday and Sunday at Black Hills (girls). Fee is $125. Call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Register by March 16 for Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation spring league, which runs March 29 to early June. Fee is $599 per team. Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation: 360-753-8380.
• DAP Hoops boys and girls spring travel teams for grades 9-11. Season: March-July. Contact: Derrick Pringle at DAPHoops@yahoo.com.
• Try out for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail email@example.com
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Info: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia High fastpitch will host a clinic for girls in grades 5-9, noon-4:30 p.m. March 19 at OHS gym. Fee is $35. Players receive a T-shirt. Preregistration required: olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or coach Matt Loes, 360-561-3350.
• MVP Athletics, a 16U “A” team, is looking for an experienced catcher plus two position players. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is offering fully officiated spring adult flag football leagues. League runs March 27-June 5. Team fee is $599, and registration is due by March 16. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Call 360-480-1212.
• All golfing levels are welcome to join the Tumwater Valley Lady Niners. Practices are 9 a.m. Tuesdays starting April 5. Info: Nancy Roberts, 360-357-3098 or Nancy Spilseth, 360-866-8949.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Four-week fee is $24. Call 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Info: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Assn. needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Information: bbcourtsandcages.com or Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Registration for the annual Run for Luck fun run, a 10K, 5K or 1-mile walk/run on the Chehalis Western Trail on March 12. The event begins and ends at Horizons Elementary School. Information, Thurston County Parks and Recreation at 360-786-5595
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13, U15 and U16. Info: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings on some spring recreational teams: boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Go to olyunited.com for updates. Games are Saturdays from March 19 to May 21. Information: 360-561-0249.
• The Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players until Saturday for spring recreational program for ages 7 and older. Games run from mid-March to early May. Fee is $55. Info: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Registration runs through March 10 for the SWSA 10-game spring season, which runs March 21 through early June. Teams include coed over 30, coed over 40 and coed open (18 years and older). Cost is $875 per team. Information, Thurston County Parks and Recreation, 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• Cougar Gold Wrestling Club is holding practices for boys and girls in grades 1-12 at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through May 14 at Capital High School’s wrestling room. Purchase of a $42 USA wrestling card covers insurance and any optional weekend tournaments. Information, call Capital wrestling coach John Jones, 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax 360-357-0202.