• Tumwater Youth Baseball spring break camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon April 6-8 at Tumwater High School. Cost is $60, which includes a T-shirt and snack. Information: Tim Graham at 360-790-0464 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Black Hills youth baseball is looking for rookie coaches. Information: www.bhyb.org or e-mail email@example.com
• Senior Babe Ruth is looking for 15- to 18-year-old players and coaches for a 12-game schedule in May with an optional extended tournament season through July. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The eighth annual Hoopin’ For Life tournament will be held May 14-15 at Saint Martin’s University. Boys and girls teams in grades fifth through 12th can play. Cost is $250 per team with a three-game guarantee. Information, www.daphoops.webs.com
• Register by Wednesday for Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation spring league, which runs March 29 to early June. Fee is $599 per team. Call 360-753-8380.
• Tryout for Hoops Stars eighth-grade boys team. Call coach Kline at 360-481-2958.
• Join South Sound AAU girls team. Three divisions: (ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12). Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or e-mail email@example.com
• Girls (grades 6-7) who will attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Contact: www.olyyouthbasketball.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Senior bowlers wanted for 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97 to 200. Info: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia High fastpitch will host a clinic for girls in grades 5-9, noon-4:30 p.m. Saturday at OHS gym. Fee is $35. Players receive a T-shirt. Preregistration required: olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/spring/fastpitch or coach Matt Loes, 360-561-3350.
• MVP Athletics, a 16U “A” team, is looking for an experienced catcher plus two position players. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or e-mail email@example.com
• Washington Illusion 18A team seeks pitcher. Call Julie at 360-957-0664 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation is offering fully officiated spring adult flag football leagues. League runs March 27-June 5. Team fee is $599, and registration is due by Wednesday. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players for 2011. Call 360-480-1212.
• Scott Lake Ladies Golf Club is seeking new members. Play is at 9 a.m. Tuesdays starting April 11. Information, 360-352-4838.
• All golfing levels are welcome to join the Tumwater Valley Lady Niners. Practices are 9 a.m. Tuesdays starting April 5. Info: Nancy Roberts, 360-357-3098 or Nancy Spilseth, 360-866-8949.
• Youth classes through Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation. Four-week fee is $24. Call 360-753-8380.
• An ultimate Frisbee league will run from April 17 to June 12. Games are played early Sunday evenings at LBA Park. Fee is $25 per person. Registration is due by April 8. League is co-ed, play is seven-on-seven, and teams are picked via a draft by the captains. Information, call Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation, 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Info: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Assn. needs basketball, volleyball and flag football officials. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: www.ossua.org
• Budd Bay Courts and Cages offers weekly hitting, pitching and speed and agility clinics in baseball and fastpitch. Information: bbcourtsandcages.com or Lynn Grantham at 360-915-3780 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Victory Futbol is holding weekly academies for boys and girls ages 8-13 starting April 12 , as well as forming competitive teams for boys and girls U10 to U20. Information, www.victoryfutbol.com
• Blackhills FC has openings for spring league season for boys U11, U12, girls U11, U12, U13, U15 and U16. Info: James Charette, 360-943-8233, or blackillsfc.org
• Olympia United Soccer Club has openings for boys U8, girls U9, boys U10, boys U12 and boys U13. Information: 360-561-0249.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Call: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation will offer men’s softball starting May 3. Cost is $615 for a minimum of 12 games, and league play is on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays at Yauger Park. Deadline to register is April 13. Information: Olympia Parks, Arts and Rec, 360-753-8380.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Sundays at Tumwater.
• Cougar Gold Wrestling Club is holding practices for boys and girls in grades 1-12 at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through May 14 at Capital High School’s wrestling room. Purchase of a $42 USA wrestling card covers insurance and any optional weekend tournaments. Information, call Capital wrestling coach John Jones, 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. Please include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507. Submissions also may be made via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax 360-357-0202.