On the move
• The Sandberg Baseball club, for kids ages 9-18, will hold tryouts Aug. 20-21, time and location to be determined. Information: www.sandbergbaseball.com
Never miss a local story.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball League will run a weekend fall league from Sept. 10-Oct. 23 for sixth/seventh graders, eighth/ninth graders and high school boys and girls. Team fee is $560 for 14 games, $400 for 10 games. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Olympia Reign player Mike Ward is conducting training camps Tuesdays and Thursdays at Komachin Middle School for boys and girls ages 5-18. Fee is $50 a month for one session per week and $100 a month for two sessions per week. Information: 360-350-2304.
• Tryouts for a competitive Olympia- and Lacey-based AAU team for girls entering eighth grade will be Aug. 29-31. Training camps will be Aug. 15-18 and Aug. 22-24. Information: 253-929-9480 or www.northwestmagic.org.
• Girls in grades 6-7 planning to attend Olympia High may join teams this fall. Information: olyyouthbasketball.com or email email@example.com.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. on Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League needs women for Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The 14U Royal Tigers select team has tryouts from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday and Aug. 7 at Tumwater High School. Information: Joe Kabel at 360-888-7531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The 12U PNW Force team will host tryouts from 10 a.m.-noon Aug. 6 at LBA Park in Olympia. Information: Jeremy Taylor-Sparks at 360-789-7683 or email email@example.com
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: at 360-789-6932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Yelm Lion’s Club Invitational Tournament seeks two 12U teams to compete in the Aug. 13-14 tournament at Longmire Park in Yelm. Fee is $300 with a four-game guarantee. Information: Todd Stancil at 360-239-1167 or email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers private instruction. Call 360-915-3780.
• The Olympia Horseshoe Club invites new members of all ages and experience levels Mondays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. at Yauger Park. Information: 360-956-0627 or 360-357-6846.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or www.thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia United Soccer Club is open for recreational soccer for U8-U19 with games starting Sept. 10. Information: www.olyunited.com or 360-561-0249.
• Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a Fall Super Mod Program for players preschool to first grade from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday (preschool) and Thursdays (K-first graders) at LBA Park in Olympia. Games for both age groups are 10-11 a.m. Saturdays at LBA Park. Season will run from Sept. 14-Oct. 29. Information: www.olyunited.com or 360-561-0249.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933.
• OTown Future Stars camp will be Monday through Aug. 3 at Ingersoll Stadium for boys and girls ages preschool to sixth grade. Fee is $40. Information: Olympia soccer coach Tessa Effland, 360-481-6158.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation has weekly lessons for youths and adults of all skill levels. Fee is $65. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium in Olympia, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Cougar Gold Wrestling Club holds free practices Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7:30 p.m. at Capital High School. Information: John Jones at 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. Include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia 98507; email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by fax 360-357-0202.