On the move
• The Sandberg Baseball club, for kids ages 9-18, will hold tryouts Aug. 20-21, time and location to be determined. Information: www.sandbergbaseball.com
Never miss a local story.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball League will run a weekend fall league from Sept. 10-Oct. 23 for sixth/seventh graders, eighth/ninth graders and high school boys and girls. Team fee is $560 for 14 games, $400 for 10 games. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Tryouts for a competitive Olympia- and Lacey-based AAU team for girls entering eighth grade will be Aug. 29-31. Training camps will be Aug. 15-18 and Aug. 22-24. Information: 253-929-9480 or www.northwestmagic.org.
• MVP Athletics 16U is holding tryouts on Sunday and Aug. 21 from 4-6 p.m. at Stevens Field in Olympia. Information: Tim at 360-878-0007 or email@example.com
• Open tryouts for a U10 team will be Aug. 13 and 17. Information: Sandbergbaseball.com or 360-754-2302.
• The 14U Royal Tigers select team has tryouts from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday at Tumwater High School. Information: Joe Kabel at 360-888-7531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The 12U PNW Force team will host tryouts from 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at LBA Park in Olympia. Information: Jeremy Taylor-Sparks at 360-789-7683 or email email@example.com
• The Yelm Lion’s Club Invitational seeks two 12U teams for the Aug. 13-14 tournament at Longmire Park in Yelm. Fee is $300 with a four-game guarantee. Information: Todd Stancil at 360-239-1167 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• The 28th annual Saint Martin’s tournament is Friday at the Olympia Country and Golf Club featuring a double shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Registration opens at 6:30 a.m. and noon outside the pro shop. Individual fee is $150. Information: Debbie Rogers, 360-438-4305, or www.smusaints.com
• Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee $24. Information: 360-753-8380.
• The Olympia Horseshoe Club invites new members of all ages and experience levels Mondays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. at Yauger Park. Information: 360-956-0627 or 360-357-6846.
• Olympia United Soccer Club is open for recreational soccer for U8-U19 with games starting Sept. 10. Information: www.olyunited.com or 360-561-0249.
• Olympia United Soccer Club will hold a Fall Super Mod Program for players preschool to first grade from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays (preschool) and Thursdays (K-first graders) at LBA Park in Olympia. Games are 10-11 a.m. Saturdays. Season is Sept. 14-Oct. 29. Information: www.olyunited.com or 360-561-0249.
• Harbor Days Relays has a 6-mile run or two-person 6-mile relay starting at 9 a.m. Sept. 3. Information or to register: ontherunevents.com/harbordaysrelays
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation has weekly lessons for youths and adults of all skill levels. Fee is $65. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people over 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium in Olympia, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Officials are needed for Thurston and Mason county schools. Training provided. Information: Ron Zielin, 360-491-3151.
• Cougar Gold Wrestling Club holds free practices Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7:30 p.m. at Capital High. Information: John Jones at 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. Include an end date and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia 98507; email to email@example.com; or by fax 360-357-0202.