• Thurston County Babe Ruth will hold player registration for 13- to 15-year-olds from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at Budd Bay Embroidery at 6906 Martin Way E. in Lacey.
• Black Hills Youth Baseball Cal Ripken registration for boys and girls ages 6 to 12 will be 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at On Deck Performance. Player evaluations and the final day for in-person registration is from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 4 at Saint Martin’s University. Information: www.bhyb.org
• A semi-select team is looking for 12-year-old players. Fee of $475 includes uniform, a winter baseball camp, spring baseball season and four summer tournaments. Information: 360-701-1812
Never miss a local story.
• The New England catching camp for baseball and fastpitch will be Saturday-Sunday at the Sports Perfect Training Center in Olympia. Information: Ryan Haddock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-480-6680
• Michael “Whitey” Spencer gives instruction Fridays and Sundays through the winter. Fee is $125 for four one-hour sessions. Information: Tara Spencer at 360-951-8071
• Olympia High School’s boys basketball team is hosting “Basketball with the Bears” for boys in grades three through eight from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Feb. 4 at the high school’s gymnasium. The camps are free . No preregistration needed. Information: Bears coach Luke Salme at email@example.com
• Sign up for the 24th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball season for boys and girls in grades 5-8. Boys tournaments Feb. 11-12 and 25-26; girls tournaments Feb. 18-19 and March 3-4. Fee: $160 per team with a four-game guarantee. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200
• South Puget Sound Community College hosts Game Time Elite training from 1-3 p.m. Saturdays and 2-4 p.m. Sundays for boys and girls in grades 6-12. Information: Xavier Florence at 360-918-6268 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Olympia Reign player Mike Ward conducts training camps Tuesdays and Thursdays at Komachin Middle School for boys and girls ages 5-18. Fee is $50 a month for one session per week or $100 a month for two sessions per week. Information: 360-350-2304
• South Sound AAU girls teams, ages 5-9; grades 5-8; grades 9-12. Information: Vanessa McClendon at 253-355-6497 or northwest email@example.com
• Entry forms for the 32nd Match Game bowling tournament are available at Westside, Aztec and Tumwater Lanes. The tournament is Saturday-Sunday. Late entries will be accepted on space-available basis. Participants must be members of a Thurston County league or reside in Thurston County. Youth bowlers may compete for scholarships. Information: Dick Taylor, 360-456-6308 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the bowling centers.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034
• Powder Puff League for women on Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972
• Thurston County Fastpitch Association is offering a pitching and skills clinic every Sunday from 6-8 p.m. at Saint Martin’s University’s Charneski Recreation Center. The clinics run through March 11 and are open to girls ages 6-14 and of all skill levels. Fee is $10 per session. Information: www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com.
• Registration for Thurston County Fastpitch Association will take place from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11 and Feb. 25 at various locations. Fee is $40 for 8U teams and $75 for 10U, 12U and 14U teams. Information: www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com
• The Olympia Ice 14U team is looking for a pitcher, catcher and utility player. Indoor practices begin this month; the season ends in July. Information: Lewis Santos at 360-528-9139 or email at email@example.com
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380
• The Olympia Horseshoe Club invites new members of all ages and experience levels Mondays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. at Yauger Park. Information: 360-956-0627 or 360-357-6846
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football refs. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club is open to men and women. Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Information: buddbayrugby.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595; TDD line 360-754-2933
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882
• Officials are needed for schools in Thurston and Mason counties. Training provided. Information: Ron Zielin, 360-491-3151
• On the Move appears weekly. Include an end date, and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia 98507; email to email@example.com; or by fax 360-357-0202.