On the move
• Thurston County Babe Ruth Baseball will have player registration from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday at Budd Bay Apparel and Promotions, 6906 Martin Way E. in Lacey. TCBR is for 13- to 15-year-olds who live in the Olympia, North Thurston or Tumwater school districts. Information: www.tcbronline.org or 360-754-1166
• Olympia High School senior baseball player Jake Hacker is holding “Camp Captain,” a spring break baseball camp April 2-4. Fee is $75, which includes a T-shirt. Information: Olympia baseball coach Todd McDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Never miss a local story.
• A semi-select team is looking for 12-year-old players. Fee of $475 includes uniform, a winter camp, spring season and four summer tournaments. Information: 360-701-1812
• Michael “Whitey” Spencer gives instruction Fridays and Sundays through the winter. Fee is $125 for four one-hour sessions. Information: Tara Spencer at 360-951-8071
• Registration has started for Olympia Parks and Rec spring basketball. The league with three different divisions of play runs from March 26 to early/mid June. Team fee is $625 for officiated play, and registration is due by March 14. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Shelton Youth Sports is hosting a tournament for kids in grades 5-8 Saturday and Sunday at Shelton High School. Fee is $200 with a four-game guarantee. Information: Craig, 360-280-0024
• Sign up boys and girls in grades 5-8 for the 24th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball season. Boys tournament Feb. 25-26; girls tournaments Saturday and Sunday as well as March 3-4. Fee: $160 per team with a four-game guarantee. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200
• South Puget Sound Community College hosts Game Time Elite training from 1-3 p.m. Saturdays and 2-4 p.m. Sundays for boys and girls in grades 6-12. Information: Xavier Florence at 360-918-6268 or email@example.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034
• Powder Puff League for women on Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972
• Thurston County Fastpitch Association is offering a pitching and skills clinic Sundays from 6-8 p.m. at Saint Martin’s University’s Charneski Recreation Center. The clinics run through March 11 and are open to girls of all skill levels and ages 6-14. Fee is $10 per session. Information: www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com.
• Registration for Thurston County Fastpitch Association will be from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 25 at various locations. Fee is $40 for 8U teams and $75 for 10U, 12U and 14U teams. Information: www.thurstoncountyfastpitch.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club is open to men and women. Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Information: buddbayrugby.com
• TC United, a program of Chinqually Booters Soccer Club, is hosting an evening clinic for kids ages U8 through U15 on Feb. 24 at the Lacey Regional Athletic Complex. Fee is $30. Information: www.chinqually.org
• Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players for its spring recreational program for players 8 and older. Games begin mid-March and end in early May. Registration ends Feb. 22 and fee is $55 per player. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
• Registration is open for Tumwater Soccer Club’s super-mod program for kids ages 5-7. Program will be from 6-7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays from April 11-May 18 at the Blackhills Community Soccer Complex. Registration ends April 8. Fee is $35. Information: www.tumwatersoccerclub.org
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882
• Officials are needed for schools in Thurston and Mason counties. Training provided. Information: Ron Zielin, 360-491-3151
• The South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy, run by Tumwater High coach Tana Croft, begins spring sessions Sunday evenings from April 15 through May 20 for girls in grades 1-6. Information: www.ssyvba.com or email Tana Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org
• On the Move appears weekly. Include an end date, and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia 98507; email to email@example.com; or by fax 360-357-0202