• Tenino’s Nike McClure won three individual events – the 100 (13.24 seconds), 200 (27.54) and high jump (5-4, the best in Class 1A this season) – and ran the final leg of the first-place 800 relay (1:59.55) in a four-team girls track meet. Elma took first, led by Bethany Lipska’s wins in the long jump and triple jump. On the boys side, Tenino’s Darrin Love was a double winner, taking first the high jump (6-4) and 200 (23.44).
• W.F. West erupted for seven runs in the fourth inning, and Brady Calkins pitched a shutout in a 12-0, five-inning victory over Black Hills in the teams’ 2A Evergreen Conference baseball game. Two errors by Black Hills in the fourth extended the inning before Colton Watson’s three-run home run.
• Tumwater managed just two hits in a 13-1, five-inning loss to Centralia that ended its four-game win streak.
• A game between River Ridge and Aberdeen was suspended because of darkness while tied at 4-4 after seven innings. The game will resume today in Aberdeen, followed by a regularly scheduled game.
• Olympia’s Melanie Pedigo shot a 10-over-par 46 at Tumwater Valley to earn medalist honors in the Bears’ 86-70 girls golf win over Stadium.
• Led by Brandon Moore’s closing-round 2-under-par 70, the Saint Martin’s men’s golf team placed seventh at the Hanny Stanislaus Invitational, a 20-team tournament in Turlock, Calif. Saint Martin’s played without its top two golfers, Matt Epstein (sprained ankle) and Zach Dietz (migraines). The Saints will next compete at the GNAC championships April 23-24 in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Compiled by Meg Wochnick, firstname.lastname@example.org