• Saint Martin’s University is holding a baseball camp for kids ages 7-13, June 25-28, for $190 fee. To register, call 360-438-4305.
• Emerald City Basketball Academy in Olympia is offering skills training and is forming competitive summer teams for boys and girls in grades 3-12. Information: Craig Stevenson, 360-701-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Never miss a local story.
• Saint Martin’s University basketball players and coaches are hosting a girls basketball camp (July 25-28) and boys basketball camp (July 9-12) at Marcus Pavilion for ages 8-17. Information: 360-438-4305.
• South Puget Sound Community College is holding skills camps in July and August for boys and girls in grades 5-12. Information: Vernell Willingham, 360-596-5469 or email@example.com
• DAP Hoops is forming competitive teams for boys in grades 7-8 and offering one-on-one training through August. Information: Derrick Pringle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-556-4342.
• Black Hills High School’s summer league program for boys and girls varsity and JV teams will take place in June; eighth/ninth grade program in September. Player fee of $400 covers 10 games. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Space is open for eighth- and ninth-grade girls in Northwest Magic, a nonprofit program. Information: Vanessa McClendon, 253-355-6497 or email@example.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a camp July 9-12 for girls ages 8-17 for $125. The morning session is at 9 a.m. and the afternoon session is 1 p.m. Information: 360-438-4305.
• Timberline High School Blazers Youth Camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon June 25-27 at South Sound Stadium for boys and girls in grades 1-8. Fee of $60 includes a backpack. Information: www.timberlineblazerfootball.com
• Olympia boys basketball boosters “Hoopsters” is holding a four-man scramble golf tournament at the Capitol City Golf Course on June 2. Fee of $75 per player includes a round of golf with a cart, range balls and lunch. Tournament includes raffles and prizes. Shotgun start is at 8:30 a.m. Information: 360-561-6735.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is holding a co-ed camp for ages 6-12 that is conducted by certified British coaches. The camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon each day July 16-20 at Pioneer Park. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will have beginning and intermediate adult instruction from 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 9-13 at Tumwater High School’s tennis courts. Also offered are weekly summer lessons for grades 1-10 ranging from beginner to immediate level of play. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• All-comers track meets will be at 6 p.m. Thursdays during June at Tumwater District Stadium. Fees are $5 for up to four events with a maximum $10 per family. Information: www.runoly.com
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a volleyball camp July 23-26 at Marcus Pavilion. Session one is from 8:30-11:30 a.m. for kids ages 6-13 and session two is from 1-4 p.m. for kids 14-18. Information: 360-438-4305.
• Olympia High School is hosting a summer camp June 25-27 for youths in grades 6-8 and 9-12. Fee for advanced registration is $60-$70. Information: Laurie Creighton, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Capital High School wrestling is holding its Cougar Gold wrestling club Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the high school wrestling portable. The free club is for high school-age boys and girls to learn freestyle and Greco-Roman techniques. Information: John Jones, 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. Include an end date, and submit items to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to email@example.com; or fax to 360-357-0202.