On the move
• Olympia Bears Camp for local boys entering grades 3-8 scheduled for 8-11 a.m. July 9-12 in Olympia High gyms. Fee of $75 includes a camp shirt and daily contests/prizes. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or tinyurl.com/85pwywn
• A boys summer league, a women’s pro-am summer league, a middle school summer league, Sunday open gym for basketball and volleyball for middle school and high school players, a basketball 101 clinic, a big man camp presented by former Seattle SuperSonics center Vladimir Stepania and a Simpson University camp are being offered. Information: 360-556-4342, email@example.com or www.daphoops.com
• South Puget Sound Community College is hosting its Live.Learn.Hoop. camps for boys in grades 5-8 (July 9-13), girls in grades 5-8 (July 25-27), boys in grades 9-12 (July 16-20) and girls in grades 9-12 (July 30-Aug. 3) from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at SPSCC gym. Fee is $100 per camp, including T-shirt. Information: Vernell Willingham at (360) 596-5469 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Emerald City Basketball Academy in Olympia offers skills training and is forming competitive summer teams for boys and girls in grades 3-12. Information: Craig Stevenson, 360-701-8000 or email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s University players and coaches are hosting a girls camp (July 25-28) and a boys camp (July 9-12) at Marcus Pavilion for ages 8-17. Info: 360-438-4305.
• Space is open for eighth- and ninth-grade girls in Northwest Magic, a nonprofit program. Information: Vanessa McClendon, 253-355-6497 or coachvanessa@ northwestmagic.org.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The Capital High School coaching staff is holding a free clinic for girls in grades 7-8 who attend Marshall, Jefferson and Griffin middle schools. The clinic runs Mondays from 4-6 p.m. through Aug. 1 at the team’s home field at Jefferson Middle School. Information: Mel Weems, 360-584-4454, or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a camp July 9-12 for girls ages 8-17 for $125. The morning session is at 9 a.m. and the afternoon session is 1 p.m. Information: 360-438-4305.
• Olympia Football Bear Camp will be held from July 16-19 at Olympia High School. Sessions are 10 a.m.-noon for boys in grades 2-6 and 5-7 p.m. for boys in grades 7-12. Fee is $70. Information: Bill Beattie, 360-596-7000.
• Thurston County Youth Football League, which provides football and cheerleading for children ages 7-13, is accepting registration for the 2012 season. Information: www.tcyfl.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football referees. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org.
• YogaFit Level 1 will be July 7-8 at The Strong Center. Information: 360-705-1658.
• OTown Future Stars summer camp for boys and girls preschool age through fifth grade will be July 30-Aug. 1 at Olympia High School. Preschool age (4-5) group is from 10-11 a.m., kindergarden-first grade, second-third grades and fourth-fifth grades are 10 a.m.-noon. Fee of $45 includes T-shirt. Information: Tessa Effland, 360-481-6158
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is holding a co-ed camp for children ages 6-12 conducted by certified British coaches. The camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon July 16-20 at Pioneer Park. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• North Thurston High is hosting a camp for girls and boys ages 9-12 July 16-19 from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the school. Fee is $55. Information: 360-491-0857 or email@example.com
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold beginning and intermediate adult instruction from 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 9-13 at Tumwater High School’s courts. Also offered are weekly summer lessons for grades 1-10 ranging from beginner to immediate. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• All-comers track meets will be at 6 p.m. Thursdays during June at Tumwater District Stadium. Fees are $5 for up to four events with a maximum $10 per family. Information: www.runoly.com.
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a camp July 23-26 at Marcus Pavilion. Session one, from 8:30-11:30 a.m., for ages 6-13; session two, from 1-4 p.m. for ages 14-18. Information: 360-438-4305.
• Capital High School wrestling is holding its Cougar Gold wrestling club Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the high school wrestling portable. The free club is for high school-age boys and girls to learn freestyle and Greco-Roman techniques. Information: John Jones, 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. To submit your information, include an end date and send them to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 360-357-0202.