On the move
• Olympia Bears Camp for local boys entering grades 3-8 scheduled for 8-11 a.m. July 9-12 in Olympia High gyms. Fee of $75 includes a camp shirt and daily contests/prizes. Information: email@example.com or tinyurl.com/85pwywn
• A boys summer league, a women’s pro-am summer league, a middle school summer league, Sunday open gym for basketball and volleyball for middle school and high school players, a basketball 101 clinic, a big man camp presented by former Seattle SuperSonics center Vladimir Stepania and a Simpson University camp are being offered. Information: 360-556-4342, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.daphoops.com
Never miss a local story.
• South Puget Sound Community College is hosting its Live.Learn.Hoop. camps for boys in grades 5-8 (July 9-13), girls in grades 5-8 (July 25-27), boys in grades 9-12 (July 16-20) and girls in grades 9-12 (July 30-Aug. 3) from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at SPSCC gym. Fee is $100 per camp, including T-shirt. Information: Vernell Willingham, (360) 596-5469 or email@example.com
• Emerald City Basketball Academy in Olympia offers skills training and is forming competitive summer teams for boys and girls in grades 3-12. Information: Craig Stevenson, 360-701-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s University players and coaches are hosting a girls camp (July 25-28) and a boys camp (July 9-12) at Marcus Pavilion for ages 8-17. Info: 360-438-4305.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The Capital High School coaching staff is holding a free clinic for girls in grades 7-8 who attend Marshall, Jefferson and Griffin middle schools. The clinic runs Mondays from 4-6 p.m. through Aug. 1 at the team’s home field at Jefferson Middle School. Information: Mel Weems, 360-584-4454, or email@example.com
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a camp July 9-12 for girls ages 8-17 for $125. The morning session is at 9 a.m. and the afternoon session is 1 p.m. Information: 360-438-4305.
• Olympia Football Bear Camp will be held from July 16-19 at Olympia High School. Sessions are 10 a.m.-noon for boys in grades 2-6 and 5-7 p.m. for boys in grades 7-12. Fee is $70. Information: Bill Beattie, 360-596-7000.
• Tahoma Valley Country Club is hosting a scramble July 27 for former Yelm High School student-athletes and former or current coaches, teachers, administrators and friends of Yelm High School athletics. Green fee is $35, with an additional $10 for a cart. Information: Don Backman, 360-561-3902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thurston County Youth Football League, which provides football and cheerleading for children ages 7-13, is accepting registration. Information: www.tcyfl.com.
• YogaFit Level 1 will be Saturday-Sunday at The Strong Center. Information: 360-705-1658.
• OTown Future Stars summer camp for boys and girls preschool age through fifth grade will be July 30-Aug. 1 at Olympia High School. Preschool age (4-5) group is from 10-11 a.m., kindergarden-first grade, second-third grades and fourth-fifth grades are 10 a.m.-noon. Fee of $45 includes T-shirt. Information: Tessa Effland, 360-481-6158
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation is holding a co-ed camp for children ages 6-12 conducted by certified British coaches. The camp will be from 9 a.m.-noon July 16-20 at Pioneer Park. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• North Thurston High is hosting a camp for girls and boys ages 9-12 July 16-19 from 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the school. Fee is $55. Information: 360-491-0857 or email@example.com
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold beginning and intermediate adult instruction from 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 9-13 at Tumwater High School’s courts. Also offered are weekly summer lessons for grades 1-10 ranging from beginner to intermediate. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Saint Martin’s University is holding a camp July 23-26 at Marcus Pavilion. Session one, from 8:30-11:30 a.m., for ages 6-13; session two, from 1-4 p.m. for ages 14-18. Information: 360-438-4305.
• The Capital High School summer Cougar wrestling club is held from 6-7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays through Aug. 9 at the high school’s wrestling portable. Club is free for boys and girls ages 8-18. Information: Capital wrestling coach John Jones, 360-791-1419.
• On the Move appears weekly. To submit your information, include an end date and send them to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 360-357-0202.