On the move
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold a youth league for boys and girls in grades three through six and a competitive league for boys and girls in grades six through eight. Fee is $85 per player for the youth league and $495 team fee for a 10-game season in the competitive league. Registration ends Sept. 29 for both leagues. Season begins mid-October. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is holding a fall league for players in grades 6-12. Fee is $575 for a 14-game schedule or $415 for 10 games. Games begin in early September and run through October. Information: Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
• Emerald City Basketball Academy in Olympia offers skills training and is forming competitive summer teams for boys and girls in grades 3-12. Information: Craig Stevenson, 360-701-8000 or email@example.com.
• Space is open for eighth- and ninth-grade girls in Northwest Magic, a nonprofit program. Information: Vanessa McClendon, 253-355-6497 or coachvanessa@ northwestmagic.org
• DAP Hoops is seeking boys in grades 6-8 for the AAU basketball season; boys and girls in grades 4- through 8 for a development league which runs through the spring and offers a Live-Learn-Hoops program for group and individual training from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays at South Sound Sports Complex in Tumwater. Information: www.daphoops.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932 or email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Youth Football League, which provides football and cheerleading for children ages 7-13, is accepting registration. Information: www.tcyfl.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football referees. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation will hold a women’s 18-and-older soccer league from Sept. 8-Oct. 29 at Yauger Park. Fee is $450 per team for eight games. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation’s fall volleyball leagues begin Sept. 10 at Marshall and Reeves middle schools and The Olympic Center for co-ed, men’s, women’s and reverse leagues. Cost is $220 per team for 32 games. Information: 360-753-8380.
• On the Move appears weekly. To submit your information, include an end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 360-357-0202.