On the move
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold a boys and girls youth league (grades 3-6) and competitive league (grades 6-8). Fee is $85 per player for youth league and $495 per team for 10 games in competitive league. Registration ends Sept. 29. Season begins mid-October. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is holding a fall league for grades 6-12. Fee is $575 for a 14-game schedule or $415 for 10 games. Games begin in early September and run through October. Information: Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
Never miss a local story.
• DAP Hoops is seeking boys (grades 6-8) for the AAU season; boys and girls (grades 4-8) for development league, which runs through the spring, and a Live-Learn-Hoops program for group and individual training from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays at South Sound Sports Complex in Tumwater. Information: www.daphoops.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation will hold a “Good Dog” 5K and one-mile runs on Saturday, with proceeds going to the Tucker Fund to benefit needy animals. Fee is $28 and participants may run the event with or without their dogs. Information: ontherunevents.com/gooddog
• Lake Sylvia State Park near Montesano will host an off-road Du/Triathlon (14-mile bike leg, 2.5-mile off-road run, 0.3-mile swim) Sept. 15 as part of the Discover Lake Sylvia Fall Festival. Team and individual races will take place, plus a kids triathlon for ages 5-12. To register, go to www.active.com. Info: Randy Bachtell, email@example.com
• Lacey Parks and Recreation will host the “Rampage at the RAC” extreme 5K obstacle course Oct. 13 at the Regional Athletic Complex. Online registration closes Sept.26 or until filled. Fee of $59 includes an event T-shirt. Register: active.com. Information: www.ci.lacey.wa.us/rampage or 360-491-0857.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is offering volleyball co-ed sixes league Thursday nights from Sept. 13-Nov. 1 at Lacey middle schools. Fee: $250 per team; $45 for individuals (plus tax) for those who register by Wednesday. Info: 360-491-0857 or www.ci.lacey.wa.us
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation’s fall volleyball leagues begin Sept. 10 at Marshall and Reeves middle schools and The Olympic Center for coed, men’s, women’s and reverse leagues. Fee: $220 per team for 32 games. Info: 360-753-8380.
• On the Move appears weekly. To submit your information, include an end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax to 360-357-0202.