On the move
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold a boys and girls youth league (grades 3-6) and competitive league (grades 6-9). Fee is $85 per player for youth league and $495 per team for 10 games in competitive league. Registration ends Sept. 29. Season begins mid-October. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is holding a fall league for grades 6-12. Fee is $575 for a 14-game schedule or $415 for 10 games. Games begin in early September and run through October. Information: Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
Never miss a local story.
• DAP Hoops is offering: a seventh-eighth grade boys fall tournament Oct. 27-28 at the South Sound Sports Center (registration deadline Oct. 20) and an end of season fall high school varsity tournament Nov. 3-4 (registration deadline Oct. 26). Both tournaments cost $250 with a three-game guarantee and will be held at the South Sound Sports Center. DAP Hoops also is seeking boys and girls teams in grades 6-8 for a Youth Basketball of American winter league from November-February. Information: Derrick Pringle at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.daphoops.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932 or email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Lake Sylvia State Park near Montesano will host an off-road Du/Triathlon (14-mile bike leg, 2.5-mile off-road run, 0.3-mile swim) Saturday as part of the Discover Lake Sylvia Fall Festival. Team and individual races will take place, plus a kids triathlon for ages 5-12. To register, go to www.active.com. Info: Randy Bachtell, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lacey Parks and Recreation will host the “Rampage at the RAC” extreme 5K obstacle course Oct. 13 at the Regional Athletic Complex. Online registration closes Sept. 26 or until filled. Fee of $59 includes an event T-shirt. Register: active.com. Information: www.ci.lacey.wa.us/rampage or 360-491-0857.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football referees. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. To submit your information, include an end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; email to email@example.com; or fax to 360-357-0202.