On the move
• Tumwater Parks and Recreation will hold a boys and girls youth league (grades 3-6) and competitive league (grades 6-9). Fee is $85 per player for youth league and $495 per team for 10 games in competitive league. Registration ends Saturday. Season begins mid-October. Information: Tumwater Parks and Rec, 360-754-4160.
• DAP Hoops is offering: a seventh-eighth grade boys fall tournament Oct. 27-28 at the South Sound Sports Center (registration deadline Oct. 20) and an end of season fall high school varsity tournament Nov. 3-4 (registration deadline Oct. 26). Both tournaments cost $250 with a three-game guarantee and will be held at the South Sound Sports Center. DAP Hoops also is seeking boys and girls fifth-grade teams for the winter season. Information: Derrick Pringle at email@example.com or www.daphoops.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cav-aliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation will host the “Rampage at the RAC” extreme 5K obstacle course Oct. 13 at the Regional Athletic Complex. Online registration closes Wednesday or until filled. Fee of $59 includes an event T-shirt. Register: active.com. Information: www.ci.lacey.wa.us/rampage or 360-491-0857.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football referees. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit your information, including an end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax to 360-357-0202.