On the move
• DAP Hoops offers a seventh-eighth grade boys fall tournament Oct. 27-28 at the South Sound Sports Center (registration deadline Oct. 20) and an end of season fall high school varsity tournament Nov. 3-4 (registration deadline Oct. 26). Fee for each is $250 with a three-game guarantee. Games will be held at the South Sound Sports Center. DAP Hoops also seeks boys and girls fifth-grade teams for winter season. Information: Derrick Pringle at email@example.com or www.daphoops.com
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is registering children for introductory (kindergarten to grade 2) and youth (grades 2-5) teams. Introductory sessions are now through Nov. 1 and Nov. 5-Dec. 11 for $60 per session. Youth league runs Oct. 22-Dec. 22 for $85 per player. For information, call 360-491-0857.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380 or olympiawa.gov/parks
• Lacey Parks and Recreation will host the “Rampage at the RAC” extreme 5K obstacle course Oct. 13 at the Regional Athletic Complex. Online registration closes Wednesday or until filled. Fee of $59 includes an event T-shirt. Register: active.com. Information: www.ci.lacey.wa.us/rampage or 360-491-0857.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation accepts requests for use of Kenneydell and Griffin athletic fields, as well as Chehalis Western Trail. Information: 360-786-5595 or thurston-parks.org.
• Olympia Officials Association seeks basketball, volleyball and flag football referees. Information: Dan at 360-943-3424 or 360-561-8302.
• Olympia Specialty Sports Umpire Association accepts members, provides training. Information: ossua.org
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Olympia Wrestling Club sponsors youth wrestling for children ages 5-12. For information, call 360-239-9646 or got to website www.olympiawrestlingclub.com.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit your information, including an end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax to 360-357-0202.