On the move
• DAP Hoops offers a seventh-eighth grade boys fall tournament Oct. 26-28 at the South Sound Sports Center (register by Oct. 20) and a high school varsity tournament Nov. 3-4 (register by Oct. 26). Cost: $250 each with three-game guarantee. Also holding tryouts for boys in sixth (Oct. 30-Nov. 1), seventh (Oct. 29 and 31) and eighth grades (Nov. 3) for winter season. Info: Derrick Pringle at email@example.com; www.daphoops.com
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is registering children for introductory (kindergarten to grade 2) and youth (grades 2-5) teams. Introductory sessions now through Nov. 1 and Nov. 5-Dec. 11 for $60 per session. Youth league runs Oct. 22-Dec. 22 for $85 per player. For information, call 360-491-0857.
Never miss a local story.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Info: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Info: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Info: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Info: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Info: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Info: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax: 360-357-0202.