• Thurston County Babe Ruth’s fall organizational meeting is at 6 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Olympia Center for all returning and prospective coaches and interested parents. TCBR is for players 13-15 years old. Information: www.tcbronline.org
• DAP Hoops offers a fall tournament for boys in grades 7-8, Oct. 26-28 at the South Sound Sports Center (registration deadline Oct. 20) and a high school varsity tournament Nov. 3-4 (register by Oct. 26). Fee is $250 each with a three-game guarantee. Also, tryouts are Oct. 28 for boys in sixth (1-3 p.m.), seventh (1-3 p.m.) and eighth grades (3-5 p.m.) for winter season. Information: Derrick Pringle at firstname.lastname@example.org; www.daphoops.com
Never miss a local story.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is registering children for introductory (kindergarten to grade 2) and youth (grades 2-5) teams. Introductory sessions now through Nov. 1 and Nov. 5-Dec. 11 for $60 per session. Youth league runs Oct. 22-Dec. 22 for $85 per player. Information: 360-491-0857.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Evergreen Juniors Volleyball Club is having tryouts at South Sound Sports Center, 7960 Center St. SW in Tumwater. Dates are (all events, doors open at 5:30 p.m., tryouts at 6:30 p.m.): Oct. 30 (girls U12, boys U12-18); Nov. 1 (girls U13-14), Nov. 13 (girls U15-16), Nov. 15 (girls U17-18). Information: ejvbc.org
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax: 360-357-0202.