• Thurston County Babe Ruth’s fall organizational meeting will be at 6 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Olympia Center for all returning and prospective coaches and interested parents. TCBR is for players ages 13-15. Information: www.tcbronline.org
• DAP Hoops offers a winter competitive developmental league from Dec. 1-February for boys and girls grades 5-9. Fee is $400 for a 10-12 game season and end of season tournament, with games at South Sound Sports Center in Tumwater. Deadline to register is Nov. 15. DAP Hoops also offers a clinic for boys and girls grades 2-8 on Nov. 24. Fee is $40 per camper. Deadline is Nov. 12. Information: Derrick Pringle at coachdp @daphoops.com or www.daphoops.com
Never miss a local story.
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is registering children for introductory (kindergarten to grade 2) and youth (grades 2-5) teams. Introductory sessions Nov. 5-Dec. 11 for $60 per session. Youth league runs through Dec. 22 for $85 per player. Info: 360-491-0857.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Evergreen Juniors Volleyball Club is having tryouts at South Sound Sports Center, 7960 Center St. SW in Tumwater. Dates are (all events, doors open at 5:30 p.m., tryouts at 6:30 p.m.): Oct. 30 (girls U12, boys U12-18); Nov. 1 (girls U13-14), Nov. 13 (girls U15-16), Nov. 15 (girls U17-18). Info: ejvbc.org
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax: 360-357-0202.