• Thurston County Babe Ruth’s fall organizational meeting starts at 6 p.m. today at the Olympia Center for all returning and prospective coaches and interested parents. TCBR is for players ages 13-15. Information: www.tcbronline.org
• DAP Hoops offers a winter competitive developmental league from Dec. 1 to February for boys and girls in grades 5-9. Fee is $400 for a 10- to 12-game season and end of season tournament, with games at South Sound Sports Center in Tumwater. Deadline to register is Nov. 15. DAP Hoops also offers a clinic for boys and girls in grades 2-8 on Nov. 24. Fee is $40 per camper. Deadline is Nov. 12. Information: Derrick Pringle at coachdp @daphoops.com or www.daphoops.com
• Lacey Parks and Recreation is registering children for introductory (kindergarten to grade 2) and youth (grades 2-5) teams. Introductory sessions through Dec. 11 for $60 per session. Youth league runs through Dec. 22 for $85 per player. Information: 360-491-0857.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater.Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation has open registration for fall adult basketball, flag football and coed softball leagues. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• The six-session South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy begins Dec. 16 and runs through Feb. 17 from 3-6 p.m. for girls in grades 2-6 at Tumwater High School. The academy is run by Tumwater volleyball coach Tana Otton. Otton also offers private instruction for non-Tumwater players in grades 7-12 the same dates as the academy. Fee is $20. For more information, check www.ssyvba.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Evergreen Juniors Volleyball Club is having tryouts at South Sound Sports Center, 7960 Center St. SW in Tumwater. Dates are (all events, doors open at 5:30 p.m., tryouts at 6:30 p.m.): Nov. 13 (girls U15-16), Nov. 15 (girls U17-18). Information: ejvbc.org
• Capital High School wrestling open house, 6-7 p.m. Nov. 8, wrestling portable behind the gym. Information:
Coach John Jones, 360-596-7000.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax: 360-357-0202.