ON the move
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for boys and girls in grades 5-8 will cost players $165 for four games. Two boys tournaments are Feb. 9-10 at Black Hills High School and Feb. 23-24 at Tumwater High. Two girls tournaments are Feb. 16-17 are Black Hills and March 2-3 at Tumwater. Information: Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
• DAP Hoops is looking for sixth and seventh graders to fill its competitive roster, and also offers a competitive winter league for boys in grades 8-12 who were not selected for their school team. Games are on Saturdays from Dec. 8 through February, and the fee is $40 per player. Information: Derrick Pringle at 360-556-4342 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Never miss a local story.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold a kickoff breakfast at the Olympia High School food court Jan. 5. Training runs begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturday starting Jan. 12 at South Sound Running and continue through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• The six-session South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy begins Dec. 16 and runs through Feb. 17 from 3-6 p.m. for girls in grades 2-6 at Tumwater High School. The academy is run by Tumwater volleyball coach Tana Otton. Information: www.ssyvba.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Otton also offers private instruction for non-Tumwater players in grades 7-12 the same dates as the academy. Fee is $20. Information: email email@example.com
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com; or fax: 360-357-0202.