ON the move
• PSCL Baseball is sponsoring a WSU Infield Camp at Timberline High School from 8:30-11:30 a.m., Dec, 28, featuring Washington State coach Donnie Marbut. Fee is $250. Participants will receive a glove, WSU hat and WSU shirt. There are 20-25 open spots. Information: psclcamps.com or email wsuinfield firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never miss a local story.
• Registration is open for Olympia Parks and Rec winter adult basketball. Different divisions are offered for officiated competition. Leagues start Jan. 7 and run through mid-March. Team fee is $639 and registration deadline is Wednesday. Information: 360-753-8380.
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for boys and girls in grades 5-8 will cost teams $165 for four games. Two boys tournaments are Feb. 9-10 at Black Hills High School and Feb. 23-24 at Tumwater High. Two girls tournaments are Feb. 16-17 at Black Hills and March 2-3 at Tumwater. Call Dave Vernon at 360-943-3200.
• An eight- to 10-game high school boys open winter league, with games on Saturday or Sunday, will run from January through February. Fee is $50 per person. Sign-ups are 3:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Dec. 28, at South Sound Sports Center in Tumwater. A boys developmental league for fourth and fifth grades, with games on Saturday, will run January through February. Fee is $40 per player. Sign-ups Dec. 28 at South Sound Sports Center. Information: Derrick Pringle, 360-556-4342, or email@example.com
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The Thurston County Fastpitch Association is holding weekly clinics for girls ages 6-15 on Sunday nights from Jan. 6 through March 3 at the Saint Martin’s University Rec Center. Pitching is from 6 p.m.-7 p.m. and hitting and fielding is from 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Fee is $10 per one hour session. Clinics are for all skill levels, no pre-registration required. Arrive early the first night for registration. Information: Matt Koehler, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email email@example.com.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia’s Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming 2013 season. Information: Call Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold a kickoff breakfast at the Olympia High School food court Jan. 5. Training runs begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturdays starting Jan. 12 at South Sound Running and continue through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• Puget Sound Slammers is holding a winter camp Monday nights through January for ages 5-13, at the Regional Athletics Complex in Lacey. Fee is $25 for four nights. Information: pugetsoundslammers.org.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Registration for the City of Olympia four-on-four volleyball leagues is open through Thursday. Reverse leagues on Monday, C major on Tuesdays, women’s competitive and recreation on Wednesdays, men’s league on Wednesdays, B and B major leagues on Thursdays. Fee is $225 per team for a minimum of 32 games. Information: Tad Earley, 360-709-2677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date and send to On the Move, The Olympian, PO Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com.