ON the move
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for boys and girls in grades 5-8 will cost teams $165 for four games. Two boys tournaments are Feb. 9-10 at Black Hills High School and Feb. 23-24 at Tumwater High. Two girls tournaments are Feb. 16-17 at Black Hills and March 2-3 at Tumwater. Information: call Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Sign up for DAP Hoops President’s Day 3-on-3 Tournament for boys in grades 5-8 at the South Sound Sports Center. To register go to www.daphoops.com, click 3-on-3 online registration. Fee is $100 per team for up to four players. Teams must sign up by Feb. 11. Information: email coach Pringle, email@example.com.
Never miss a local story.
• Entry forms for the 33rd Olympia Match Game Bowling Championship are available at Westside, Aztec and Tumwater lanes. The match-play finals will be held at Tumwater Lanes. The tournament will be Jan. 26-27, with the match-play finals at Tumwater Lanes on Jan. 27. Guaranteed-entry reservations close Jan. 19. Late entries will be accepted, based on availability. Participants must be members of a Thurston County league or reside in Thurston County. Youth bowlers are eligible to compete for scholarships. Information: Dick Taylor at 360-456-6308, firstname.lastname@example.org or at the three bowling centers.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The Thurston County Fastpitch Association is holding weekly clinics for girls ages 6-15 on Sunday nights through March 3 at the Saint Martin’s University Rec Center. Pitching is from 6-7 p.m., and hitting and fielding is from 7-8 p.m. Fee is $10 per one-hour session. Clinics are for all skill levels, no pre-registration required. Arrive early the first night for registration. Information: Matt Koehler, email@example.com.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks.
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming 2013 season. Information: Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold a kickoff breakfast at the Olympia High School food court Saturday. Training runs begin at 7:30 a.m. Saturdays starting Jan. 12 at South Sound Running and continue through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• Puget Sound Slammers is holding a winter camp Monday nights through January for ages 5-13 at the Regional Athletic Complex in Lacey. Fee is $25 for four nights. Information: pugetsoundslammers.org.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date, and send to On the Move, The Olympian, P.O. Box 1219, Olympia, WA 98507; or email recsports@ theolympian.com.