ON the move
• Cal Ripken Black Hills Youth Baseball is holding registration Wednesday from 5-7 p.m. at the Lacey Public Library and Monday from 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Olympia High School. Information: www.bhyb.org
• The Black Hills Youth Baseball winter clinic will be Monday. Fee is $20, with proceeds to benefit the family of Olympia High coach Todd McDougall. Information: www.bhyb.org
Never miss a local story.
• Basketball with the Bears, Olympia’s free youth clinic, continues from 10 a.m.-noon Saturday at Olympia High gymnasiums for boys in grades 3-8. No pre-registration; only a parent signature on a release form at the clinic. Information: Luke Salme at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for boys and girls in grades 5-8 will cost teams $165 for four games. Two boys tournaments are Feb. 9-10 at Black Hills High School and Feb. 23-24 at Tumwater High. Two girls tournaments are Feb. 16-17 at Black Hills and March 2-3 at Tumwater. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• DAP Hoops has multiple events coming up: A 3-on-3 tournament for boys in grades 5-8 on Feb. 18, President’s Day, with a fee of $100 per team (up to four players on a team) and a Feb. 11 deadline to register; tryouts for boys freshman/sophomore spring competitive travel teams Feb. 25-26; tryouts for a select travel team March 4-5; a spring league for grades seven-high school in April-May, with up to 12 league games and a single-elimination postseason tournament, with a fee of $550 per team and a registration deadline of March 20; and a high school senior showcase for unsigned seniors March 30. Information: www.daphoops.com
• Entry forms for the 33rd Olympia Match Game Bowling Championship are available at Westside, Aztec and Tumwater lanes. The match-play finals will be held at Tumwater Lanes. The tournament will be Jan. 26-27, with the match-play finals at Tumwater Lanes on Jan. 27. Guaranteed-entry reservations close Jan. 19. Late entries will be accepted, based on availability. Participants must be members of a Thurston County league or reside in Thurston County. Youth bowlers are eligible to compete for scholarships. Information: Dick Taylor at 360-456-6308, email@example.com or at the three bowling centers.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks.
• The Capitol City Bowmen will host their 24th annual Wooley Booger 3D archery shoot Saturday and Sunday at the Capitol City Bowmen range at the Capitol City Rifle and Pistol Club near Littlerock. Registration for the 70-target event is 8 a.m.-11 a.m. Saturday and 8 a.m.-10 a.m. Sunday. Information: 360-790-3900 or 360-357-8238.
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming 2013 season. Information: Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• The annual ROAD-odend-RUN two-person relay or a solo six-mile race around Capitol Lake will take place Feb. 24. Fee is $25 for pre-registered teams. Information: www.runoly.com.
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold training runs at 7:30 a.m. Saturdays at South Sound Running through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• Puget Sound Slammers is holding a winter camp Monday nights through January for ages 5-13 at the Regional Athletic Complex in Lacey. Fee is $25 for four nights. Information: pugetsoundslammers.org.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for people older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. For information, phone: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Fridays, including end date, and send to recsports@ theolympian.com