ON the move
• The 25th annual KVA Tumwater Youth Basketball Tournaments for girls in grades 5-8 will cost teams $165 for four games. The tournament s is March 2-3 at Tumwater. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• DAP Hoops has multiple events coming up: tryouts for a select travel team March 4-5; a spring league for grades seven-high school in April-May, with up to 12 league games and a single-elimination postseason tournament, with a fee of $550 per team and a registration deadline of March 20; and a high school senior showcase for unsigned players March 30. Information: www.daphoops.com
Never miss a local story.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages range from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Call Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials from novice to veterans. The association serves 39 middle and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks.
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming 2013 season. Information: Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• A training group for the May 19 Capital City Marathon and Half Marathon will hold training runs at 7:30 a.m. Saturdays at South Sound Running through May 12. Fee: $75. Information: capitalcitymarathon.org or 360-705-2580.
• Olympia Parks and Rec is having women’s soccer sign-ups until March 15. The 11 on 11 season begins March 30. Eight games is $459 per team. Information: olympiawa.gov/parks
• Tumwater Soccer Club is registering players for the Super Mod program (ages 5-7, from April 10-May 17; fee is $35, which includes a T-shirt and ball with registration deadline of April 6). Information: www.TumwaterSoccerClub.org.
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for athletes older than 50 meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium, and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Olympia Parks and Rec is having volleyball sign-ups until March 15. The 4-on-4 season begins the week of March 25. with 32 games for $225 per team. Reverse, men’s, women’s and co-ed leagues also available. Information: olympiawa.gov/parks
• The Fools of Spring volleyball tournament for Olympia Parks and Recreation will take be from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. March 23rd at Marshall Middle School. Cost per team is $150. Information: olympiawa.gov/parks
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Fridays, including end date, and email to email@example.com