ON the move
• Olympia Bears boys basketball camp for players entering grades 1-8 will be from 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. July 8-11 at the Olympia High School gymnasium. Fee is $65, which includes a T-shirt. Information: email@example.com or olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/winter/boys_basketball
• DAP Hoops will hold a competitive summer league season of Youth Basketball Of America (YBOA), open to boys and girls starting with fifth grade. The season will run from June 15-July 27. Fee is $275 per team for an eight-10 game season. Deadline to register is May 28 (3:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) at the South Sound Sports Center. There’s also a YBOA developmental league two times a week for boys and girls in grades 4-8. Fee is $95 per player. Information: Derrick Pringle, 360-556-4342
Never miss a local story.
• Tumwater Youth Basketball is holding its summer league from June through September for boys varsity, girls varsity, junior varsity and eighth/ninth grade teams. Fee is $410 for 10 games. Information: Dave Vernon, 360-943-3200.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380; olympiawa.gov/parks
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams for the coming season. Information: Pat Norton at 360-464-3551; prairierugby.webs.com.
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players, youth and adult, male and female. No experience needed. Information: 478-227-3201, email@example.com or BuddBayRugby.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595
• Olympia United’s summer registration is open for recreational players ages 8-18. Games run from late June to the end of July with girls playing on Mondays and Wednesdays and boys and high school coed teams playing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Information: 360-561-0249 or olyunited.com
TRACK AND FIELD
• Die Hards Track and Field Club for athletes age 50 and older meets 10:30 a.m.-noon Sundays at Ingersoll Stadium and the first Sunday of every month at the hammer cage at The Evergreen State College. Information: 360-250-5527 or 360-956-1882.
• Olympia Parks, Arts & Recreation, in cooperation with Tumwater and Lacey Parks & Recreation Departments, offers the Hershey’s Track & Field Games. This year’s meet will be June 7 at Olympia High School. Registration and check-in will begin at 4:30 p.m. at the track. The event is free to Thurston County boys and girls ages 9 to 14 as of Dec. 31. Information: 360-753-8380.
• Olympia Volleyball Bear Summer Camp, for grades 6-12, June 17-19; 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for the high school session; 1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. for the middle school session. Prices vary. Information: olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/fall/volleyball/camps/camps or olympiabearsvolleyball.com
• Volleykidz Summer Camp, for grades 2-5, from 9 a.m.-noon June 20- 21. Fee is $60. Information: olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/fall/volleyball/camps/camps or olympiabearsvolleyball.com
• Tumwater Volleyball Camp for boys and girls in grades one-eight is May 28-30 (middle school from 2:45 p.m.-6 p.m. for $55; elementary school from 3:45 p.m.-6 p.m. for $45) and Tbird Splat, an outdoor doubles tournament June 1, with men and women in the morning, reverse co-ed in the afternoon. Information: tumwatervolleyball.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy (SSYVBA) will host an all-skills camp for boys and girls grades 1-12 from 9 a.m.-noon June 25-27 for $80 (skill-specific sessions for grades 7-12 from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. for $10); as well as a South Sound Elite camp for grades 7-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 29-31 ($100, including video analysis; $10 for skill-specific sessions from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.). Information: ssyvba.com or email@example.com
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Friday, including end date, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org