ON the move
• The Olympia Bears boys basketball camp for players entering grades 1-8 will be 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. July 8-11 at the Olympia High School gym. Fee is $65, which includes a T-shirt. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/ winter/boys_basketball
• DAP Hoops is offering clinics, summer camps, summer leagues and open gyms as well as seeking players to play in a tournament in Redding, Calif., or high school boys teams to play in a one-day fundraiser tournament for a former Olympia High student who was wounded in Afghanistan. Information: daphoops.com, email@example.com or 360-556-4342.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Information: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Saint Martin’s University has summer camps for girls basketball, boys basketball, volleyball, baseball and softball. Prices and dates vary. Information: smusaints.com, click on “summer camps” link.
• City of Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation weekly sports camp for kids ages 6 –11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays (drop off at 7:30 am and pick up until 5:30 p.m.). Fee is $103-$128 per week. All except tennis camps will be held at Madison Elementary. Tennis camps will be held at Hansen Elementary. Soccer camp, June 24-28, $123; field games, July 1-5, $103; tennis camp July 8-12, $123; basketball camp, July 15-19, $128 (includes trip to Seattle Storm game); soccer camp, July 22-26, $123; basketball camp July 29-Aug. 2, $123; baseball camp, Aug. 5-9, $128 (includes trip to Tacoma Rainiers game); football camp, Aug. 12-16, $123; tennis camp, Aug. 19-23, $123. Information: tinyurl.com/ny2qoso
• Tumwater High School will hold a softball camp for first- through eighth-graders from 5-8 p.m. July 16-18. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/events/310346149096273
• Cheer camps for grades 1-8 from any school district will be held at Tumwater High School. Fourth of July parade 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. June 26-27 and July 3. Deadline is June 20 and fee is $35 ($10 more for in- person registration). Lakefair Parade from 6-7:30 p.m. July 17-19, deadline is July 10 and fee is $35 ($10 more for in-person registration). Cheer camp from 10 a.m.-noon July 29-31, and fee is $50 ($10 discount for siblings). Information: Natalie Holbrook, 360-789-5152.
• Tumwater High School softball camp for grades 1-8 will be from 5-8 p.m. July 16-18. Information: email@example.com or facebook.com/events/310346149096273
• Ex-Black Hills High, Purdue and Central Washington player Kelsey Haupert offers lessons. Information: 360-789-6932 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Saint Martin’s assistant coach Tana Lingl offers instruction. Information: 360-915-3780.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Area Rowing offers beginning classes for adults to learn the basic skills of team rowing in an eight-person boat, 9:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays and 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday evenings starting in July. Also, three-week and six-week beginning programs for athletes entering grades 8-12. The six-week program is from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Mondays through Fridays from June 24-Aug. 5. The three-week program runs from noon-3 p.m. Monday through Friday from July 8-26. Information: olympiaarearowing.org
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: Pat Norton, 360-464-3551 or prairierugby.webs.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female. No experience needed. Information: 478-227-3201, email@example.com or buddbayrugby.com
• The 38th annual Lakefair Runs (3K, 8K and half-marathon) is July 20. For information or to register, ontherunevents.com/lakefair
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• Volleykidz Summer Camp for grades 2-5 from 9 a.m.-noon Thursday and Friday. Fee is $60. Information: olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/fall/volleyball/camps/camps or olympiabearsvolleyball.com
• South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy (SSYVBA) will host a skills camp for boys and girls in grades 1-12 from 9 a.m.-noon June 25-27 for $80 (skill-specific sessions for grades 7-12 from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. for $10); as well as a South Sound Elite camp for grades 7-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 29-31 ($100, including video analysis; $10 for skill-specific sessions from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.). Information: ssyvba.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Friday, including end date, by sending an email to email@example.com