ON the move
• The 14U Puget Sound Patriots seek players from Thurston County. Information or to arrange a tryout: 206-376-8520 or pugetsoundpatriots @hotmail.com
Never miss a local story.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Saint Martin’s University has summer camps for boys basketball (Friday-Sunday, high school team camp; July 15-18, individual camp), volleyball (July 8-11), baseball (July 29-Aug. 1) and softball (July 8-11). Prices vary. Information: smusaints.com, click on “summer camps” link.
• Olympia Football Bear Camp will be held July 22-25 at Olympia High School from 10 a.m. to noon (grades 2-6), 5 p.m.-7 p.m. (grades 7-12). Fee is $70. Registration forms available at Olympia High School’s main office and at www.olympia.osd.wednet.edu. Information: Bill Beattie, 360-596-7000.
• The Olympia Bears boys basketball camp for players entering grades 1-8 will be 9 a.m.-11:30 a.m. July 8-11 at the Olympia High School gym. Fee of $65 includes a T-shirt. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or olympia.osd.wednet.edu/activities/sports/ winter/boys_basketball
• South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy (SSYVBA) will host an elite camp for grades 7-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 29-31. Fee of $100 includes video analysis; $10 for skill-specific sessions from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Information: ssyvba.com or email@example.com
• DAP Hoops Intensity Basketball Camp will be from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. July 9-12 at the South Sound Sports Center in Tumwater. Fee is $125. Deadline to register is July 2. Information: www.daphoops.com
• City of Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation weekly sports camp for kids ages 6 –11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays (drop off at 7:30 am and pick up until 5:30 p.m.). Fee is $103-$128 per week. All except tennis camps will be held at Madison Elementary. Tennis camps will be held at Hansen Elementary.Tennis camp, July 8-12, $123; basketball camp, July 15-19, $128 (includes trip to Seattle Storm game); soccer camp, July 22-26, $123; basketball camp, July 29-Aug. 2, $123; baseball camp, Aug. 5-9, $128 (includes trip to Tacoma Rainiers game); football camp, Aug. 12-16, $123; tennis camp, Aug. 19-23, $123. Information: tinyurl.com/ny2qoso
• Tumwater High School will hold a softball camp for first- through eighth-graders from 5-8 p.m. July 16-18. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.facebook.com/events/310346149096273
• Cheer camps for grades 1-8 from any school district will be held at Tumwater High School. Lakefair Parade from 6-7:30 p.m. July 17-19, deadline is July 10 and fee is $35 ($10 more for in-person registration). Cheer camp from 10 a.m.-noon July 29-31 for $50 fee ($10 discount for siblings). Information: Natalie Holbrook, 360-789-5152.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Area Rowing offers beginning classes for adults to learn the basic skills of team rowing in an eight-person boat, 9:30 a.m.-noon Saturdays and 5:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays starting in July. Also, a three-week beginning program for athletes entering grades 8-12 from noon-3 p.m. Monday through Friday from July 8-26. Information: olympiaarearowing.org
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: Pat Norton, 360-464-3551 or prairierugby.webs.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female. No experience needed. Information: 478-227-3201, email@example.com or buddbayrugby.com
• The 38th annual Lakefair Runs (3K, 8K and half-marathon) are July 20. For information or to register: ontherunevents.com/lakefair
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information by 5 p.m. Friday, including end date, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org