ON the move
• The 14U Puget Sound Patriots seek players from Thurston County. For information or to arrange a tryout: 206-376-8520 or pugetsoundpatriots@ hotmail.com
Never miss a local story.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• Tumwater High School will be holding its 25th annual youth football camp July 29-31. The non-contact camp stresses fundamentals. Fee is $65. Information: Jamie Weeks, 360-754-0053.
• Saint Martin’s University has summer camps for boys basketball (July 15-18, individual camp) and baseball (July 29-Aug. 1). Prices vary. Information: smusaints.com, click on “summer camps” link.
• Olympia Football Bear Camp will be July 22-25 at Olympia High School from 10 a.m. to noon for grades 2-6, and from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. for grades 7-12. Fee is $70. Registration forms available at Olympia High School’s main office and at www.olympia.osd.wednet.edu. Information: Bill Beattie, 360-596-7000.
• South Sound Youth Volleyball Academy (SSYVBA) will host an elite camp for grades 7-12 from 9 a.m.-noon July 29-31. Fee of $100 includes video analysis; $10 for skill-specific sessions from 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Information: ssyvba.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• City of Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation weekly sports camp for kids ages 6 –11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays (drop off at 7:30 a.m. and pick up until 5:30 p.m.). Fee is $103-$128 per week. All camps will be at Madison Elementary. Basketball camp, July 15-19, $128 (includes trip to Seattle Storm game); soccer camp, July 22-26, $123; basketball camp, July 29-Aug. 2, $123; baseball camp, Aug. 5-9, $128 (includes trip to Tacoma Rainiers game); football camp, Aug. 12-16, $123; tennis camp, Aug. 19-23, $123. Information: tinyurl.com/ny2qoso
• Cheer camps for grades 1-8 from any school district will be held at Tumwater High School. Lakefair Parade from 6-7:30 p.m. July 17-19, deadline is Wednesdayand fee is $35 ($10 more for in-person registration). Cheer camp from 10 a.m.-noon July 29-31 for $50 fee ($10 discount for siblings). Information: Natalie Holbrook, 360-789-5152.
• First round of tryouts for the PNW Force competitive fastpitch team for 10U, 12U and 16U will be Aug. 10-11. Registration forms are available at pnwforcefastpitch.com and they can be emailed to email@example.com
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Washington Cavaliers adult amateur team seeks players. Information: 360-480-1212.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380 or olympiawa.gov/parks
• Yelm-based Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: Pat Norton, 360-464-3551 or prairierugby.webs.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female. No experience necessary. Information: 478-227-3201, firstname.lastname@example.org or buddbayrugby.com
• The 38th annual Lakefair Runs (3K, 8K and half-marathon) will be July 20. For information or to register: ontherunevents.com/lakefair
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including an end date, before 5 p.m. Friday by sending an email to email@example.com