ON the move
• Tumwater boys and girls in grades three-six are eligible for play in a winter recreational league. Practices begin in mid-October; games will be played from November through January. Registration is through Sept. 28. Fee is $85 per player. Volunteer coaches needed. Information: www.ci.tumwater.wa.us or 360-754-4160.
• South Sound Basketball Officials Association is recruiting new officials. Experience is not required and training is provided. High school students are encouraged to apply. Information: Rae Ann Jonson at 360-239-4586 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tumwater Parks & Recreation offers a competitive league for boys and girls in grades six-eight. Weekend games played November through January. Registration is Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. as well as Sept. 28 from 10 a.m.-noon at Tumwater City Hall. Registration deadline is Sept. 28. Team fee is $495 for 10-game season. Information: 360-754-4160.
• Bowlers needed for leagues at Prairie Lanes: Thursday Night Mixed League, Wednesday Parent-Child League, Sunday Night Mixers, Friday Men’s League. Information: 360-458-2695.
• Senior bowlers wanted for games at 1 p.m. Mondays at Westside Lanes. Averages from 97-200. Information: Louise Alverson, 360-786-1034.
• Powder Puff League for women, Wednesdays in Tumwater. Info: Maxine Hallmeyer, 360-352-2972.
• The South Sound Football Officials Association is seeking officials of all experience levels. The association serves 39 middle schools and high schools in Thurston, Mason and Grays Harbor counties. Training is provided. Information: Terry Simmonds, 360-943-3323.
• Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation offers youth classes. Four-week fee: $24. Information: 360-753-8380 or olympiawa.gov/parks
• Yelm’s Prairie Rugby Club is holding practices for boys and girls teams. Information: Pat Norton, 360-464-3551 or prairierugby.webs.com
• Budd Bay Rugby Football Club welcomes new players — youth and adult, male and female – no experience necessary. Information: 478-227-3201, email@example.com or buddbayrugby.com
• Thurston County Parks and Recreation seeks USSF-certified referees for adult leagues. Full-length, 11-a-side games pay $42. Information: 360-786-5595.
• On the Move appears weekly. Submit information, including end date, before 5 p.m. Friday by email to firstname.lastname@example.org